Purchase one-time access:Academic & Personal: 24 hour online accessCorporate R&D Professionals: 24 hour online access
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
Subscribe:Subscribe to Journal of Stroke and Cerebrovascular Diseases
- Stroke-attributable nursing home use.Neurology. 1998; 51: 163-168
- Clinical correlates and drug treatment of residents with stroke in long-term care.Stroke. 2001; 32: 1385-1393
- Racial disparities in receipt of secondary stroke prevention agents in US nursing homes.Stroke. 2003; 34: 2693-2697
- Characteristics of the SAGE database.J Gerontol A Biol Sci Med Sci. 1999; 54: M25-M33
- Reliability estimates for the minimum data set for nursing home resident assessment and care screening (MDS).Gerontologist. 1995; 35: 172-178
- Association of the resident assessment instrument (RAI) with changes in function, cognition, and psychosocial status.J Am Geriatr Soc. 1997; 45: 986-993
- The MDS cognition scale.J Am Geriatr Soc. 1994; 42: 1173-1179
- Minimum data set plus training manual. Eliot Press, Natick, MA1991
- An overview of nursing homes and their current residents: Data from the 1995 national nursing homes survey; advance data from the vital and health statistics, No. 280. National Center for Health Statistics, Hyattsville, MD1997
Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services. State Operations Manual. Available at:http://www.cms.hhs.gov/manuals/107_som/som107index.asp. Accessed July 21, 2004.
- Influence of facility characteristics on use of antipsychotic medication use in nursing homes.Med Care. 2000; 38: 1164-1173
- Use of nursing home after stroke and dependence on stroke severity.Stroke. 1999; 30: 924-929
- SAS/STAT software. SAS Institute Inc, Cary, NC1997
- Preventing ischemic stroke in patients with prior stroke and transient ischemic attack.Stroke. 1999; 30: 1991-1994
- Physician attitudes concerning warfarin for stroke prevention in atrial fibrillation.J Am Geriatr Soc. 1997; 45: 1060-1065
- Effect of antiplatelet and anticoagulant agents on risk of hospitalization for bleeding among a population of elderly nursing home stroke survivors.Stroke. 2001; 32: 2299-2304
- Atrial fibrillation and stroke prevention with warfarin in the long-term care setting.Arch Intern Med. 1997; 157: 978-984
- Facility effects on racial differences in nursing home quality of care.Am J Med Qual. 2000; 15: 174-181
- Physician attitudes concerning anticoagulation services in the long-term care setting.J Thromb Thrombolysis. 2002; 14: 59-64
☆Supported by a grant from the National Institutes on Aging (AG: #17957-01). Dr Hughes is currently being supported by a National Primary Care Career Scientist Award from the Research and Development Office, Northern Ireland. Dr Hughes was a Harkness Fellow in Healthcare Policy during 1998 and 1999.