Purchase one-time access:Academic & Personal: 24 hour online accessCorporate R&D Professionals: 24 hour online access
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
Subscribe:Subscribe to Journal of Stroke and Cerebrovascular Diseases
- Cannabis-related stroke: case series and review of the literature.J Stroke Cerebrovasc Dis. 2012; 21: 555-560
- Recurrent stroke associated with cannabis use.J Neurol Neurosurg Psychiatry. 2005; 76: 435-437
- Cannabis use, ischemic stroke, and multifocal intracranial vasoconstriction: a prospective study in 48 young patients.Stroke. 2011; 42: 1778-1780
- Spice drugs are more than harmless herbal blends: a review of the pharmacology and toxicology of synthetic cannabinoids.Prog Neuropsychopharmacol Biol Psychiatry. 2012; 39: 234-243
Food and Drug Administration. Schedules of controlled substances: placement of five synthetic cannabinoids into schedule I. Available at: http://www.deadiversion.usdoj.gov/fed_regs/rules/2012/fr0301_3.htm. Accessed December 5, 2012.
- Phase I hydroxylated metabolites of the K2 synthetic cannabinoid JWH-018 retain in vitro and in vivo cannabinoid 1 receptor affinity and activity.PLoS One. 2011; 6: e21917
Drs. Bernson-Leung and Leung are joint first authors.
Author contributions: Miya E. Bernson-Leung, Lester Y. Leung, and Sandeep Kumar contributed to analysis, interpretation of data, and drafting the manuscript. All authors have seen and approved the final version of the manuscript.
Disclosures: The authors have no potential conflicts of interest to disclose and no financial interests relevant to the subject of this manuscript. There were no sources of grant support.