Purchase one-time access:Academic & Personal: 24 hour online accessCorporate R&D Professionals: 24 hour online access
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
Subscribe:Subscribe to Journal of Stroke and Cerebrovascular Diseases
- Diabetes and hypertension physiopathology and therapeutics.J Hum Hypertens. 2000; 14: S26-S31
- Heart disease and stroke statistics—2008 update: a report from the American Heart Association Statistics Committee and Stroke Statistics Subcommittee.Circulation. 2008; 117: 25-146
- The IDF Diabetes Atlas: providing evidence, raising awareness and promoting action.Diabetes Res Clin Pract. 2010; 87: 2-3
- Prevalence of coronary artery disease and plaque morphology assessed by multi-slice computed tomography coronary angiography and calcium scoring in asymptomatic patients with type 2 diabetes.Heart. 2008; 94: 290-295
- Diabetes and stroke: part one: risk factors and pathophysiology.Curr Cardiol Rep. 2006; 8: 23-28
- The cost of diabetes in Latin America and the Caribbean.Bull World Health Organ. 2003; 81: 19-27
- Economic consequences of epidemiological changes in diabetes in middle-income countries.Diabetes Care. 2004; 27: 104-109
- Diabetes program in Malaysia—current and future.NCD Malaysia. 2004; 3: 6-12
- Long-term glycemic control relates to mortality in type II diabetes.Diabetes Care. 1995; 18: 1534-1543
World Health Organization. Diabetes action now booklet. A life-threatening condition. Available at: http://www.who.int/diabetes/BOOKLET_HTML/en/index3.html. Accessed September 19, 2005.
- Diabetes-associated macrovasculopathy: pathophysiology and pathogenesis.Diabetes Obes Metab. 2007; 9: 767-780
- Diabetes, the metabolic syndrome, and ischemic stroke: epidemiology and possible mechanisms.Diabetes Care. 2007; 30: 3131-3140
- Beneficial effects of carotid endarterectomy in symptomatic patients with high grade carotid stenosis.N Engl J Med. 1991; 325: 445-453
- Impact of metabolic syndrome on prognosis of symptomatic intracranial atherosclerosis.Neurology. 2006; 66: 1344-1349
- Endothelial dysfunction in diabetic vasculopathy.Ann Biochem Res Educ. 2001; 1: 44-48
- Mechanisms of diabetic vasculopathy: an overview.Am J Hypertens. 2001; 14: 475-486
- Prevention and treatment of the complications of diabetes mellitus.N Engl J Med. 1995; 332: 1210-1217
- Prevalence and mortality of acute myocardial infarction in patients with diabetes.Diabetes Care. 1985; 8: 230-234
- Ten-year cardiovascular mortality in relation to risk factors and abnormalities in lipoprotein composition in type 2 (non-insulin-dependent) diabetic and non-diabetic subjects.Diabetologia. 1993; 36: 1175-1184
- An explanation for variations in distribution of stroke and arteriosclerotic heart disease among populations and racial groups.Am J Epidemiol. 1971; 93: 1-9
- Chinese–white differences in the distribution of occlusive cerebrovascular disease.Neurology. 1990; 40: 1541-1545
- Joint study of extracranial arterial occlusion. X. Internal carotid artery occlusion.JAMA. 1976; 235: 2734-2738
- Epidemiology.in: Kim J.S. Caplan L.R. Wong K.S. Intracranial atherosclerosis. Wiley-Blackwell, Hoboken, NJ2008: 33-44
- Epidemiology of intracranial stenosis.J Neuroimaging. 2009; 19: 11S-16S
- Cardiovascular complications in type 2 diabetes mellitus depend on the coronary angiographic state rather than on the diabetic state.Diabetologia. 2004; 47: 145-146
- Carotid artery intima–media thickness in patients with type 2 diabetes mellitus and impaired glucose tolerance: a systematic review.Diabet Med. 2006; 23: 609-616
F.Y., L.L., W.X., and H.L. contributed equally to this work and share first authorship.
This study was partly supported by grants from the National Natural Science Foundation of China (no. 81201078, 81100870, 81000502) and the Hospital Foundation of Jinling Hospital (2011045).
Competing interests: The authors declare that they have no competing interests.