Purchase one-time access:Academic & Personal: 24 hour online accessCorporate R&D Professionals: 24 hour online access
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
Subscribe:Subscribe to Journal of Stroke and Cerebrovascular Diseases
- Ten-year prognosis of stroke and risk factors for death in a Japanese community: the Hisayama study.Stroke. 2003; 34: 2343-2347
- Risk score for predicting recurrence in patients with ischemic stroke: the fukuoka stroke risk score for Japanese.Cerebrovasc Dis. 2012; 34: 351-357
- Unravelling the genetics of ischaemic stroke.PLoS Med. 2010; 7: e1000225
- The gene encoding phosphodiesterase 4D confers risk of ischemic stroke.Nat Genet. 2003; 35: 131-138
- The gene encoding 5-lipoxygenase activating protein confers risk of myocardial infarction and stroke.Nat Genet. 2004; 36: 233-239
- A nonsynonymous SNP in PRKCH (protein kinase C eta) increases the risk of cerebral infarction.Nat Genet. 2007; 39: 212-217
- Association between 1425G/A SNP in PRKCH and ischemic stroke among Chinese and Japanese populations: a meta-analysis including 3686 cases and 4589 controls.Neurosci Lett. 2012; 506: 55-58
- The 1425G/A SNP in PRKCH is associated with ischemic stroke and cerebral hemorrhage in a Chinese population.Stroke. 2009; 40: 2973-2976
- Proteinuria and clinical outcomes after ischemic stroke.Neurology. 2012; 78: 1909-1915
- Clinical significance of plasma VEGF value in ischemic stroke—research for biomarkers in ischemic stroke (REBIOS) study.BMC Neurol. 2013; 13: 32
- Special report from the National Institute of Neurological Disorders and Stroke. Classification of cerebrovascular diseases III.Stroke. 1990; 21: 637-676
- Classification of subtype of acute ischemic stroke. Definitions for use in a multicenter clinical trial. TOAST. Trial of Org 10172 in Acute Stroke Treatment.Stroke. 1993; 24: 35-41
- Cardiogenic brain embolism. Cerebral Embolism Task Force.Arch Neurol. 1986; 43: 71-84
- Contribution of 1425G/A polymorphism in protein kinase C-eta (PRKCH) gene and brain white matter lesions to the risk of sudden sensorineural hearing loss in a Japanese nested case-control study.J Neurogenet. 2011; 25: 82-87
- Association between PRKCH gene polymorphisms and subcortical silent brain infarction.Atherosclerosis. 2008; 199: 340-345
- Association of PRKCH gene with lacunar infarction in a local Chinese Han population.Neurosci Lett. 2009; 464: 146-149
- Association between genetic variant on chromosome 12p13 and stroke survival and recurrence: a one year prospective study in Taiwan.J Biomed Sci. 2012; 19: 1
- Variants on chromosome 9p21.3 correlated with ANRIL expression contribute to stroke risk and recurrence in a large prospective stroke population.Stroke. 2012; 43: 14-21
- Correlation of angiotensin-converting enzyme 2 gene polymorphisms to essential hypertension and ischemic stroke.Nan Fang Yi Ke Da Xue Xue Bao. 2010; 30 (1895): 1890-1892
- C-reactive protein gene C1444T polymorphism and risk of recurrent ischemic events in patients with symptomatic intracranial atherostenoses.Cerebrovasc Dis. 2009; 28: 95-102
R.M. and T.A. contributed equally to this study.
Sources of funding: This study was funded in part by a Grant-in-Aid for Scientific Research (A 22249069) and Co-ordination, Support, and Training Program for Translational Research from the Japanese Ministry of Education, Culture, Sports, Science, and Technology.