Purchase one-time access:Academic & Personal: 24 hour online accessCorporate R&D Professionals: 24 hour online access
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
Subscribe:Subscribe to Journal of Stroke and Cerebrovascular Diseases
- Natural history of cognitive impairment after stroke and factors associated with its recovery.Clin Rehabil. 2003; 17: 158-166
- Estimates of the prevalence of acute stroke impairments and disability in a multiethnic population.Stroke. 2001; 32: 1279-1284
- Motor recovery after stroke depends on intact sustained attention: a 2-year follow-up study.Neuropsychology. 1997; 11: 290-295
- Depression influences intellectual impairment in stroke patients.Br J Psychiatry. 1986; 148: 541-547
- Cognitive impairment after stroke: clinical determinants and its associations with long-term stroke outcomes.J Am Geriatrics Soc. 2002; 50: 700-706
- The effect of poststroke cognitive impairment on rehabilitation process and functional outcome.Arch Phys Med Rehabil. 2004; 85: 1084-1090
Scottish Intercollegiate Guidelines Network (SIGN). Management of patients with stroke. Rehabilitation, prevention and management of complications and discharge planning. In: Scottish Intercollegiate Guidelines Network, ed. SIGN Publication Guideline 2010. Edinburgh, UK: Healthcare Improvement Scotland (HIS), 2010.
- Cognitive and mood assessment in stroke research: focused review of contemporary studies.Stroke. 2012; 43: 1678-1680
Lees R, Quinn T, Broomfield N. Questionnaire assessment of usual practice in mood and cognitive assessment in Scottish stroke units. Disability Rehabil. http://dx.doi.org/10.3109/09638288.2013.791728.
- Measurements of acute cerebral infarction: a clinical examination scale.Stroke. 1989; 20: 864-870
- The NIH stroke scale can establish cognitive function after stroke.Cerebrovasc Dis. 2010; 30: 7-14
- How predictive is the MMSE for cognitive performance after stroke?.J Neurol. 2010; 257: 630-637
- Restrictions of the Mini-Mental State Examination in acute stroke.Arch Clin Neuropsychol. 2005; 20: 623-629
- The Cog-4 subset of the National Institutes of Health Stroke Scale as a measure of cognition: relationship with baseline factors and functional outcome after stroke using data from the virtual International Stroke Trials Archive.Stroke Res Treat. 2013; 2013: 6
- Does the cognitive measure Cog-4 show improvement among patients treated with thrombolysis after acute stroke?.Int J Stroke. 2013; 8: 652-656
- The NIHSS-plus: improving cognitive assessment with the NIHSS.Behav Neurol. 2010; 22: 11-15
- Factors relating to depression after stroke.Br J Clin Psychol. 2006; 45: 49-61
- Recognition of depression in aphasic stroke patients.Cerebrovasc Dis. 2007; 24: 74-79
- Test accuracy of short screening tests for diagnosis of delirium or cognitive impairment in an acute stroke setting.Stroke. 2013; 44: 3078-3083
- Mood disorders after stroke: diagnostic validation of the poststroke depression rating scale.Cerebrovasc Dis. 2008; 26: 237-243
- National Institute of Neurological Disorders and Stroke-Canadian Stroke Network vascular cognitive impairment harmonization standards.Stroke. 2006; 37: 2220-2241
- The Montreal Cognitive Assessment, MoCA: a brief screening tool for mild cognitive impairment.J Am Geriatr Soc. 2005; 53: 695-699
- MoCA, ACE-R, and MMSE versus the National Institute of Neurological Disorders and Stroke-Canadian Stroke Network Vascular Cognitive Impairment Harmonization Standards Neuropsychological Battery after TIA and stroke.Stroke. 2012; 43: 464-469
- Towards complete and accurate reporting of studies of diagnostic accuracy: the STARD initiative.Br Med J. 2003; 326: 41-44
- QUADAS-2: a revised tool for the quality assessment of diagnostic accuracy studies.Ann Intern Med. 2011; 155: 529-536
STARDdem Initiative. Available at: http://dementia.cochrane.org. Accessed January 2014.
- Classification and natural history of clinically identifiable subtypes of cerebral infarction.Lancet. 1991; 337: 1521-1526
- The Montreal Cognitive Assessment and the mini-mental state examination as screening instruments for cognitive impairment: item analyses and threshold scores.Dementia Geriatr Cogn Disord. 2011; 31: 126-131
- Use of 3 × 2 tables with an intention to diagnose approach to assess clinical performance of diagnostic tests: meta-analytical evaluation of coronary CT angiography studies.Br Med J. 2012; : 345
- The Montreal Cognitive Assessment (MoCA) is superior to the Mini-Mental State Examination (MMSE) for the detection of vascular cognitive impairment after acute stroke.J Neurol Sci. 2010; 299: 15-18
- Screening for cognitive impairment in patients with acute stroke.Dementia Geriatr Cogn Disord. 2004; 17: 49-53
- Cognitive impairment after acute supratentorial stroke: a 6-month follow-up clinical and computed tomographic study.Eur Arch Psychiatry Clin Neurosci. 1993; 243: 11-15
- Is the Montreal Cognitive Assessment superior to the Mini-Mental State examination to detect poststroke cognitive impairment? A study with neuropsychological evaluation.Stroke. 2011; 42: 1712-1716
- Domain-specific trends in cognitive impairment after acute ischaemic stroke.J Neurol. 2013; 260: 237-241
- Transient cognitive impairment in TIA and minor stroke.Stroke. 2011; 42: 3116-3121
Funding: R.L. is supported by a Chest Heart and Stroke Scotland research grant; this study was supported by a “start up” grant from the British Geriatrics Society (Scotland).
Conflicts of interest: None declared.