Purchase one-time access:Academic & Personal: 24 hour online accessCorporate R&D Professionals: 24 hour online access
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
Subscribe:Subscribe to Journal of Stroke and Cerebrovascular Diseases
- Updated recommendations for prevention of invasive pneumococcal disease among adults using the 23-valent pneumococcal polysaccharide vaccine (PPSV23).MMWR Morb Mortal Wkly Rep. 2010; 59: 1102-1106
- Vaccines for preventing pneumococcal infections in adults.Cochrane Database Syst Rev. 2013; 1 (review): CD000422
- Influenza epidemics and acute respiratory disease activity are associated with a surge in autopsy-confirmed coronary heart disease death: results from 8 years of autopsies in 34,892 subjects.Eur Heart J. 2007; 28: 1205-1210
- Acute myocardial infarction in hospitalized patients with community-acquired pneumonia.Clin Infect Dis. 2008; 47: 182-187
- Acute infections, vaccination and prevention of cardiovascular disease.CMAJ. 2008; 179: 749-750
- Preventing myocardial infarction with vaccination: myths and realities.JAMA. 2010; 303: 1751-1752
- Risk of myocardial infarction and stroke after acute infection or vaccination.N Engl J Med. 2004; 351: 2611-2618
- Pneumococcal vaccination and risk of myocardial infarction.CMAJ. 2008; 179: 773-777
- Pneumococcal vaccination and risk of acute myocardial infarction and stroke in men.JAMA. 2010; 303: 1699-1706
- Pneumococcal vaccination and risk of acute coronary syndromes in patients with pneumonia: population-based cohort study.Heart. 2012; 98: 1072-1077
- Influenza and pneumococcal vaccinations fail to prevent myocardial infarction.Heart Drug. 2004; 4: 96-100
- Prevention of acute myocardial infarction and stroke among elderly persons by dual pneumococcal and influenza vaccination: a prospective cohort study.Clin Infect Dis. 2010; 51: 1007-1016
- Influenza vaccination, pneumococcal vaccination and risk of acute myocardial infarction: matched case-control study.CMAJ. 2010; 182: 1617-1623
- Rationale and design of the CAPAMIS study: effectiveness of pneumococcal vaccination against community-acquired pneumonia, acute myocardial infarction and stroke.BMC Public Health. 2010; 10: 25
- Clinical effectiveness of pneumococcal vaccination against acute myocardial infarction and stroke in people over 60 years: the CAPAMIS study, one-year follow-up.BMC Public Health. 2012; 12: 222
- Ineffectiveness of pneumococcal Vaccination in cardiovascular prevention: the CAPAMIS study.JAMA Intern Med. 2013; 173: 1918-1920
- Guidelines for prevention of stroke in patients with ischemic stroke or transient ischemic attack: a statement for healthcare professionals from the American Heart Association/American Stroke Association Council on Stroke: co-sponsored by the Council on Cardiovascular Radiology and Intervention: The American Academy of Neurology affirms the value of this guideline.Stroke. 2006; 37: 577-617
- Propensity score methods for bias reduction in the comparison of a treatment to a non-randomized control group.Stat Med. 1998; 17: 2265-2281
- Variable selection for propensity score models.Am J Epidemiol. 2006; 163: 1149-1156
- Applied survival analysis. Regression modeling of time to event data.John Wiley & Sons, New York1999
- Role of acute infection in triggering acute coronary syndromes.Lancet Infect Dis. 2010; 10: 83-92
- Acute pneumonia and the cardiovascular system.Lancet. 2013; 9: 496-505
- Pneumococcal vaccination decreased atherosclerotic lesion formation: molecular mimicry between streptococcus pneumoniae and oxidized LDL.Nat Med. 2003; 9: 736-743
- Incidence of stroke in Europe at the beginning of the 21st century.Stroke. 2009; 40: 1557-1563
- Ebrictus study. Functional results, survival, and potential years of life lost after the first stroke.Aten Primaria. 2012; 44 ([in Spanish]): 223-231
- Incidence of strokes in Spain: the Iberictus study. Data from the pilot study.Rev Neurol. 2009; 48 ([in Spanish]): 61-65
- Two-year follow-up of the FLU Vaccination Acute Coronary Syndromes (FLUVACS) Registry.Tex Heart Inst J. 2004; 31: 28-32
- Impact of influenza vaccination on major cause-specific mortality.Vaccine. 2007; 25: 1196-1203
- Vaccines for preventing influenza in the elderly.Cochrane Database Syst Rev. 2010; : CD004876
- Preventing pneumococcal disease in the elderly: recent advances in vaccines and implications for clinical practice.Drugs Aging. 2013; 30: 263-276
Grant support: Funding for the study was provided by a grant from the “Fondo de Investigación Sanitaria” of the Instituto de Salud Carlos III (FIS 09/00043) of the Spanish Health Ministry.
This study sponsor had no role in the design or implementation of the study, analysis of data, or reporting of the results.
The work was performed at the Primary Care Service “Camp de Tarragona,” Institut Catala de la Salut, Tarragona, Spain.