Purchase one-time access:Academic & Personal: 24 hour online accessCorporate R&D Professionals: 24 hour online access
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
Subscribe:Subscribe to Journal of Stroke and Cerebrovascular Diseases
- Organizational update: World Health Organization.Stroke. 2014; 45: e22-e23
- Post-stroke inflammation and the potential efficacy of novel stem cell therapies: focus on amnion epithelial cells.Front Cell Neurosci. 2012; 6: 66
- The aging population in Sweden: can declining incidence rates in MI, stroke and cancer counterbalance the future demographic challenges?.Eur J Epidemiol. 2012; 27: 139-145
- Intravenous tPA therapy does not worsen acute intracerebral hemorrhage in mice.PLoS One. 2013; 8: e54203
- Novel situations of endothelial injury in stroke–mechanisms of stroke and strategy of drug development: protective effects of antiplatelet agents against stroke.J Pharmacol Sci. 2011; 116: 30-35
- Thrombolysis with alteplase 3 to 4.5 hours after acute ischemic stroke.N Engl J Med. 2008; 359: 1317-1329
- Therapeutic applications of bone marrow-derived stem cells in ischemic stroke.Neurol Res. 2013; 35: 470-478
- Noninvasive multimodal imaging of stem cell transplants in the brain using bioluminescence imaging and magnetic resonance imaging.Methods Mol Biol. 2013; 1052: 1-14
- The multiple aspects of stroke and stem cell therapy.Curr Mol Med. 2013; 13: 821-831
- Effect of granulocyte-colony stimulating factor on spinal cord tissue after experimental contusion injury.J Clin Neurosci. 2010; 17: 1548-1552
- Granulocyte colony-stimulating factor.Immunol Ser. 1990; 49: 77-109
- Meta-analysis of the efficacy of granulocyte-colony stimulating factor in animal models of focal cerebral ischemia.Stroke. 2008; 39: 1855-1861
- Granulocyte-colony stimulating factor in experimental stroke and its effects on infarct size and functional outcome: a systematic review.Brain Res Rev. 2009; 62: 71-82
- Granulocyte colony-stimulating factor for acute ischemic stroke: a randomized controlled trial.CMAJ. 2006; 174: 927-933
- Granulocyte-colony stimulating factor for mobilizing bone marrow stem cells in subacute stroke: the stem cell trial of recovery enhancement after stroke 2 randomized controlled trial.Stroke. 2012; 43: 405-411
- Granulocyte-colony-stimulating factor mobilizes bone marrow stem cells in patients with subacute ischemic stroke: the Stem cell Trial of recovery EnhanceMent after Stroke (STEMS) pilot randomized, controlled trial (ISRCTN 16784092).Stroke. 2006; 37: 2979-2983
- Preferred reporting items for systematic reviews and meta-analyses: the PRISMA statement.J Clin Epidemiol. 2009; 62: 1006-1012
- Cochrane Handbook for Systematic Reviews of Interventions Version 5.1.0 [updated March 2011].The Cochrane Collaboration. 2006; (Available at: wwwcochrane-handbookorg. Accessed February 2)
- A short-term assessment of recombinant human granulocyte stimulating factor (RHG-CSF) in treatment of acute cerebral infarction.Cerebrovasc Dis. 2006; 21: 143
- Granulocyte colony-stimulating factor in patients with acute ischemic stroke: results of the AX200 for Ischemic Stroke trial.Stroke. 2013; 44: 2681-2687
- Mobilization of stem cells using G-CSF for acute ischemic stroke: a randomized controlled, pilot study.Stroke Res Treat. 2011; 2011: 283473
- Granulocyte-colony-stimulating Factor for Acute Ischemic Stroke: A Randomized Controlled Trial (STEMTHER).Transl Stroke Res. 2011; 2: 358-365
- Clinical study of mobilized autogeneic bone marrow stem cells in treating acute ischemic stroke.Stroke and Nervous Diseases. 2005; 12: 161-163
- Granulocyte colony -stimulating factors in acute ischemic stroke: a study of efficacy and safety.Chinese General Practice. 2013; 16: 4148-4151
- Granulocyte-colony stimulating factor for acute cerebral infarction.Cerebrovasc Dis Foreign Med Sci. 2005; 13: 106-109
- Efficacy of Recombinant human granulocyte colony stimulating factor for the treatment of acute cerebral infarction of 40 cases.Chin J Diffic and Compl Cas. 2011; 10: 54-56
- AXIS: a trial of intravenous granulocyte colony-stimulating factor in acute ischemic stroke.Stroke. 2010; 41: 2545-2551
- Granulocyte colony-stimulating factor improves cerebrovascular reserve capacity by enhancing collateral growth in the circle of Willis.Cerebrovasc Dis. 2012; 33: 419-429
- New targets for established proteins: exploring G-CSF for the treatment of stroke.Trends Pharmacol Sci. 2007; 28: 157-161
- The hematopoietic factor G-CSF is a neuronal ligand that counteracts programmed cell death and drives neurogenesis.J Clin Invest. 2005; 115: 2083-2098
- The clinical use of granulocyte-colony stimulating factor.Br J Hosp Med (Lond). 2014; 75: C29-32
- Functional recovery of stroke rats induced by granulocyte colony-stimulating factor-stimulated stem cells.Circulation. 2004; 110: 1847-1854
- Granulocyte-colony stimulating factor (G-CSF) in stroke patients with concomitant vascular disease–a randomized controlled trial.PLoS One. 2011; 6: e19767
- Psychometric characteristics of the Barthel activities of daily living index in stroke patients.J Formos Med Assoc. 2001; 100: 526-532
- Incidence and risk factors of silent brain infarcts in the population-based Rotterdam Scan Study.Stroke. 2003; 34: 392-396
- Thrombolysis for acute ischemic stroke in South Africa.Int J Stroke. 2013; 8: 112-113
Z.-z.F. and H.-b.C. contributed equally to this work.
The authors have no conflict of interest to declare.
This study was supported by the Natural Science Foundation of Gansu Province (Grant No. 1107RJZA082).
Each author certifies that his or her institution approved or waived approval for the human protocol for this investigation and that all investigations were conducted in conformity with ethical principles of research.