Purchase one-time access:Academic & Personal: 24 hour online accessCorporate R&D Professionals: 24 hour online access
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
Subscribe:Subscribe to Journal of Stroke and Cerebrovascular Diseases
- Atlantis trial: results for patients treated within 3 hours of stroke onset. Alteplase thrombolysis for acute noninterventional therapy in ischemic stroke.Stroke. 2002; 33: 493-495
- Why are stroke patients excluded from tPA therapy? An analysis of patient eligibility.Neurology. 2001; 56: 1015-1020
- Intravenous thrombolysis with recombinant tissue plasminogen activator for acute hemispheric stroke. The European Cooperative Acute Stroke Study (ECASS).JAMA. 1995; 274: 1017-1025
- Intravenous tissue plasminogen activator for patients with minor stroke.J Stroke Cerebrovasc Dis. 2012; 21: 732-736
- Variability in the use of intravenous thrombolysis for mild stroke: experience across the SPOTRIAS network.J Stroke Cerebrovasc Dis. 2013; 22: 318-322
- Acute Stroke Accurate Prediction Study I. Ninety-day outcome rates of a prospective cohort of consecutive patients with mild ischemic stroke.Stroke. 2012; 43: 560-562
- Outcome of stroke with mild or rapidly improving symptoms.Stroke. 2007; 38: 2531-2535
- Poor outcomes in patients who do not receive intravenous tissue plasminogen activator because of mild or improving ischemic stroke.Stroke. 2005; 36: 2497-2499
- Proximal arterial occlusion in acute ischemic stroke with low NIHSS scores should not be considered as mild stroke.PLoS One. 2013; 8: e70996
- Early MRI and outcomes of untreated patients with mild or improving ischemic stroke.Neurology. 2006; 67: 980-984
- Lesions masquerading as acute stroke.J Magn Reson Imaging. 2013; 37: 15-34
- Magnetic resonance imaging profiles predict clinical response to early reperfusion: the diffusion and perfusion imaging evaluation for understanding stroke evolution (defuse) study.Ann Neurol. 2006; 60: 508-517
- Effects of alteplase beyond 3 h after stroke in the echoplanar imaging thrombolytic evaluation trial (epithet): a placebo-controlled randomised trial.Lancet Neurol. 2008; 7: 299-309
- MRI profile and response to endovascular reperfusion after stroke (defuse 2): a prospective cohort study.Lancet Neurol. 2012; 11: 860-867
- Perfusion mr predicts outcome in high-risk transient ischemic attack/minor stroke: a derivation-validation study.Stroke. 2013; 44: 2486-2492
- Intra- and interrater reliability of ischemic lesion volume measurements on diffusion-weighted, mean transit time and fluid-attenuated inversion recovery MRI.Stroke. 2006; 37: 2951-2956
- Reliability of MR perfusion-weighted and diffusion-weighted imaging mismatch measurement methods.AJNR Am J Neuroradiol. 2007; 28: 1674-1678
- Hypoperfusion intensity ratio predicts infarct progression and functional outcome in the defuse 2 cohort.Stroke. 2014; 45: 1018-1023
- Diffusion- and perfusion-weighted MRI: influence of severe carotid artery stenosis on the DWI/PWI mismatch in acute stroke.Stroke. 2000; 31: 1311-1317
- Statistical methods for assessing agreement between two methods of clinical measurement.Lancet. 1986; 1: 307-310
- Tissue plasminogen activator for acute ischemic stroke. The National Institute of Neurological Disorders and Stroke rt-pa Stroke Study Group.N Engl J Med. 1995; 333: 1581-1587
- Effect of collateral blood flow on patients undergoing endovascular therapy for acute ischemic stroke.Stroke. 2014; 45: 1035-1039
- Deterioration following spontaneous improvement : sonographic findings in patients with acutely resolving symptoms of cerebral ischemia.Stroke. 2000; 31: 915-919
- Intravenous thrombolysis for acute ischemic stroke patients presenting with mild symptoms.Int J Stroke. 2013; 8: 293-299
- Findings from the reanalysis of the NINDS tissue plasminogen activator for acute ischemic stroke treatment trial.Stroke. 2004; 35: 2418-2424
- Strokes with minor symptoms: an exploratory analysis of the National Institute of Neurological Disorders and Stroke recombinant tissue plasminogen activator trials.Stroke. 2010; 41: 2581-2586
- Outcomes in mild or rapidly improving stroke not treated with intravenous recombinant tissue-type plasminogen activator: findings from get with the guidelines-stroke.Stroke. 2011; 42: 3110-3115
- Validation of minor stroke definitions for thrombolysis decision making.J Stroke Cerebrovasc Dis. 2013; 22: 482-490
Hill MD. Tnk-tpa evaluation for minor ischemic stroke with proven occlusion (tempo-1). 2013. http://clinicaltrials.gov/ct2/show/NCT01654445?term=TEMPO+coutts&rank=1.
A Study of the Efficacy and Safety of Activase (Alteplase) in Patients With Mild Stroke (PRISMS). 2014. http://clinicaltrials.gov/ct2/show/NCT02072226.
T.B. contributed to article drafting/revision, study concept/design, and acquisition/statistical analysis/interpretation of data. M.L. contributed to article drafting/revision, study concept/design, and acquisition/statistical analysis/interpretation of data. J.S. contributed to article revision and acquisition/interpretation of data. D.G. contributed to article revision and acquisition/interpretation of data. L.L. contributed to article drafting/revision, study concept/design, statistical analysis/interpretation of data, and study supervision.
This research was supported by the Division of Intramural Research of the National Institute of Neurological Disorders and Stroke, NIH (NIH project number 1ZIANS003044-08). The authors have no disclosures.