Purchase one-time access:Academic & Personal: 24 hour online accessCorporate R&D Professionals: 24 hour online access
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
Subscribe:Subscribe to Journal of Stroke and Cerebrovascular Diseases
- Tissue plasminogen activator for acute ischemic stroke.N Engl J Med. 1995; 333: 1581-1588
- Activase (Alteplase) package insert.(Available at:)Accessed December 2, 2014)
- Guidelines for the early management of adults with ischemic stroke a guideline from the American Heart Association/American Stroke Association Stroke Council, Clinical Cardiology Council, Cardiovascular Radiology and Intervention Council, and the Atherosclerotic Peripheral Vascular Disease and Quality of Care Outcomes in Research Interdisciplinary Working Groups: the American Academy of Neurology affirms the value of this guideline as an educational tool for neurologists.Stroke. 2007; 38: 1655-1711
- Retrospective assessment of initial stroke severity with the NIH Stroke Scale.Stroke. 2000; 31: 858-862
- A new approach to tracking the harmfulness of medical errors in health care systems.Qual Manag Health Care. 2010; 19: 298-303
- Intravenous thrombolysis with recombinant tissue plasminogen activator for acute hemispheric stroke. The European Cooperative Acute Stroke Study (ECASS).JAMA. 1995; 274: 1017-1025
- Guidelines for the early management of patients with acute ischemic stroke a guideline for healthcare professionals from the American Heart Association/American Stroke Association.Stroke. 2013; 44: 870-947
- Alteplase at .6 mg/kg for acute ischemic stroke within 3 hours of onset Japan Alteplase Clinical Trial (J-ACT).Stroke. 2006; 37: 1810-1815
- Stroke Receiving Facility Toolkit. Stroke System. Utah Bureau of Emergency Medical Services.(Available at:)Accessed Dec 5, 2014)
- Thrombolysis with alteplase 3 to 4.5 hours after acute ischemic stroke.N Engl J Med. 2008; 359: 1317-1329
- Lack of association between pre-treatment neurology consultation and subsequent protocol deviation in tPA-treated stroke patients.Stroke J Cereb Circ. 2010; 41: 2098-2101
- Can emergency department physicians safely and effectively initiate thrombolysis for acute ischemic stroke?.Neurology. 2000; 55: 1801-1805
- Protocol adherence and safety of intravenous thrombolysis after telephone consultation with a stroke center.J Stroke Cerebrovasc Dis. 2010; 19: 417-423
- Protocol violations in community-based rTPA stroke treatment are associated with symptomatic intracerebral hemorrhage.Stroke. 2001; 32: 12-16
- Tissue plasminogen activator for acute ischemic stroke in clinical practice a meta-analysis of safety data.Stroke. 2003; 34: 2847-2850
- Safety and outcomes of intravenous thrombolysis in stroke mimics a 6-year, single-care center study and a pooled analysis of reported series.Stroke. 2011; 42: 1771-1774
- Safety of thrombolysis in stroke mimics results from a multicenter cohort study.Stroke. 2013; 44: 1080-1084
- Safety of tPA in stroke mimics and neuroimaging-negative cerebral ischemia.Neurology. 2010; 74: 1340-1345
- Tissue-type plasminogen activator for stroke mimics continuing to be swift rather than delaying treatment to be sure.Stroke. 2013; 44: 1213-1214
- Cost burden of stroke mimics and transient ischemic attack after intravenous tissue plasminogen activator treatment.J Stroke Cerebrovasc Dis. 2015; 24: 828-833
- Off-label thrombolysis for acute ischemic stroke: rate, clinical outcome and safety are influenced by the definition of “minor stroke.”.Cerebrovasc Dis. 2011; 32: 177-185
- Seizure at stroke onset: should it be an absolute contraindication to thrombolysis?.Cerebrovasc Dis Basel Switz. 2002; 14: 54-57
- Reconsidering recent myocardial infarction as a contraindication for IV stroke thrombolysis.Neurology. 2011; 76: 1838-1840
- Hemorrhagic complications after off-label thrombolysis for ischemic.Stroke. 2007; 38: 417-422
- Is it time to reassess the SITS-MOST criteria for thrombolysis? A comparison of patients with and without SITS-MOST exclusion criteria.Stroke J Cereb Circ. 2009; 40: 2568-2571
- Off-label intravenous thrombolysis in acute stroke.Eur J Neurol Off J Eur Fed Neurol Soc. 2012; 19: 390-394
Grant support: Dr. Chung received funding from National Institute of Neurological Disorders and Stroke StrokeNet: NIH 1U10NS086606. Dr. Majersik received funding from the National Institutes of Health (significant, >$10k) NIH 1U10NS086606 and minor research funding from Remedy Pharmaceuticals (<$5k).
Study data were collected and managed using Research Electronic Data Capture (REDCap) electronic data capture tools hosted at the University of Utah.REDCap is a secure, web-based application designed to support data capture for research studies, providing (1) an intuitive interface for validated data entry, (2) audit trails for tracking data manipulation and export procedures, (3) automated export procedures for seamless data downloads to common statistical packages, and (4) procedures for importing data from external sources.
1Paul A. Harris, Robert Taylor, Robert Thielke, Jonathon Payne, Nathaniel Gonzalez, Jose G. Conde, Research electronic data capture (REDCap)—A metadata-driven methodology and workflow process for providing translational research informatics support, J Biomed Inform 2009;42:377-381.
The content is solely the responsibility of the authors and does not necessarily represent the official views of the National Institutes of Health.