Purchase one-time access:Academic & Personal: 24 hour online accessCorporate R&D Professionals: 24 hour online access
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
Subscribe:Subscribe to Journal of Stroke and Cerebrovascular Diseases
- Tissue plasminogen activator for acute ischemic stroke. The National Institute of Neurological Disorders and Stroke rt-PA stroke study group.N Engl J Med. 1995; 333: 1581-1587
- Thrombolysis with alteplase 3 to 4.5 hours after acute ischemic stroke.N Engl J Med. 2008; 359: 1317-1329
- Thrombolysis with alteplase 3-4.5 h after acute ischaemic stroke (SITS-ISTR): an observational study.Lancet. 2008; 372: 1303-1309
- The association of blood pressure and collateral circulation in hyperacute ischemic stroke patients treated with intravenous thrombolysis.Cerebrovasc Dis. 2015; 39: 130-137
- Timing of recanalization after tissue plasminogen activator therapy determined by transcranial Doppler correlates with clinical recovery from ischemic stroke.Stroke. 2000; 31: 1812-1816
- Is the benefit of early recanalization sustained at 3 months? A prospective cohort study.Stroke. 2003; 34: 695-698
- Effect of treatment delay, age, and stroke severity on the effects of intravenous thrombolysis with alteplase for acute ischaemic stroke: a meta-analysis of individual patient data from randomised trials.Lancet. 2014; 384: 1929-1935
- Acute hypertensive response in patients with stroke: pathophysiology and management.Circulation. 2008; 118: 176-187
- Association of characteristics of blood pressure profiles and stroke outcomes in the ECASS-II trial.Stroke. 2008; 39: 366-372
- High blood pressure in acute stroke and subsequent outcome: a systematic review.Hypertension. 2004; 43: 18-24
- Factors related to intracranial hematoma formation in patients receiving tissue-type plasminogen activator for acute ischemic stroke.Stroke. 1994; 25: 291-297
- Risk factors for severe hemorrhagic transformation in ischemic stroke patients treated with recombinant tissue plasminogen activator: a secondary analysis of the European-Australasian Acute Stroke Study (ECASS II).Stroke. 2001; 32: 438-441
- Hypertension and its treatment in the NINDS rt-PA Stroke Trial.Stroke. 1998; 29: 1504-1509
- Relationship of blood pressure, antihypertensive therapy, and outcome in ischemic stroke treated with intravenous thrombolysis: retrospective analysis from safe implementation of thrombolysis in stroke-international stroke thrombolysis register (SITS-ISTR).Stroke. 2009; 40: 2442-2449
- Blood pressure and vessel recanalization in the first hours after ischemic stroke.Stroke. 2005; 36: 264-268
- Prognostic significance of blood pressure variability after thrombolysis in acute stroke.Neurology. 2008; 71: 552-558
- Statistical analysis with missing data.John Wiley & Sons, Hoboken, NJ2014
- The correlation between admission blood glucose and intravenous rt-PA-induced arterial recanalization in acute ischemic stroke: a multi-centre TCD study.Int J Stroke. 2015; 10: 1087-1092
- Development and validation of a simplified stroke-thrombolytic predictive instrument.Neurology. 2015; 85: 942-949
- Blood pressure in acute stroke. The Copenhagen Stroke Study.Cerebrovasc Dis. 2002; 13: 204-209
- Blood flow and vascular reactivity in collaterally perfused brain tissue. Evidence of an ischemic penumbra in patients with acute stroke.Stroke. 1983; 14: 332-341
Conflicts of interest: Roland Veltkamp has received speaker honoraria, consulting honoraria, and research support from Bayer, BMS, Biogen, Boehringer Ingelheim, Daiichi Sankyo, Medtro-nic, Morphosys, and Pfizer, as well as research support from the Deutsche Forschungsgemeinschaft (VE 196/3-1) and the Else-Kroener Fresenius Stiftung.
Authors' contributions: Dipender Gill performed the literature search, created the tables, designed the study, collected the data, analyzed the data, interpreted the data, and wrote the manuscript. Thomas Cox, Adarsh Aravind, Peter Wilding, and Eleni Korompoki performed the literature search, interpreted the data, and wrote the manuscript. Roland Veltkamp designed the study, analyzed the data, interpreted the data, and revised the manuscript. Arindam Kar designed the study, collected the data, analyzed the data, interpreted the data, and revised the manuscript.