Purchase one-time access:Academic & Personal: 24 hour online accessCorporate R&D Professionals: 24 hour online access
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
Subscribe:Subscribe to Journal of Stroke and Cerebrovascular Diseases
- Beneficial effect of carotid endarterectomy in symptomatic patients with high-grade carotid stenosis.N Engl J Med. 1991; 325: 445-453
- Carotid intraplaque hemorrhage predicts recurrent symptoms in patients with high-grade carotid stenosis.Stroke. 2007; 38: 1633-1635
- Association between carotid plaque characteristics and subsequent ischemic cerebrovascular events: a prospective assessment with MRI—initial results.Stroke. 2006; 37: 818-823
- Characterization of carotid atherosclerosis and detection of soft plaque with use of black-blood MR imaging.AJNR Am J Neuroradiol. 2008; 29: 868-874
- Carotid intraplaque hemorrhage detected by magnetic resonance imaging predicts embolization during carotid endarterectomy.J Vasc Surg. 2007; 46: 31-36
- MRI plaque imaging detects carotid plaques with a high risk for future cerebrovascular events in asymptomatic patients.PLoS ONE. 2013; 8 (e67927)
- High-intensity signal on time-of-flight magnetic resonance angiography indicates carotid plaques at high risk for cerebral embolism during stenting.Stroke. 2011; 42: 3132-3137
- Characterization of atherosclerotic plaque of carotid arteries with histopathological correlation: vascular wall MR imaging vs. color Doppler ultrasonography (US).J Magn Reson Imaging. 2008; 28: 478-485
- Association between signal hyperintensity on T1-weighted MR imaging of carotid plaques and ipsilateral ischemic events.AJNR Am J Neuroradiol. 2007; 28: 287-292
- Characterization of complicated carotid plaque with magnetic resonance direct thrombus imaging in patients with cerebral ischemia.Circulation. 2003; 107: 3047-3052
- Carotid plaque characterization using 3D T1-weighted MR imaging with histopathologic validation: a comparison with 2D technique.AJNR Am J Neuroradiol. 2015; 36: 751-756
- Carotid plaque signal differences among four kinds of T1-weighted magnetic resonance imaging techniques: a histopathological correlation study.Neuroradiology. 2012; 54: 1187-1194
- Classification of human carotid atherosclerotic lesions with in vivo multicontrast magnetic resonance imaging.Circulation. 2002; 106: 1368-1373
- Prediction of carotid plaque characteristics using non-gated MR imaging: correlation with endarterectomy specimens.AJNR Am J Neuroradiol. 2013; 34: 191-197
- Quantitative assessment of changes in carotid plaques during cilostazol administration using three-dimensional ultrasonography and non-gated magnetic resonance plaque imaging.Neuroradiology. 2012; 54: 939-945
- Predicting carotid plaque characteristics using quantitative color-coded T1-weighted MR plaque imaging: correlation with carotid endarterectomy specimens.AJNR Am J Neuroradiol. 2014; 35: 766-771
- First principles of fast spin echo.Magn Reson Q. 1992; 8: 199-244
- Magnetization transfer effects in multislice RARE sequences.Magn Reson Med. 1992; 24: 189-195
- Enhanced carotid plaque on contrast-enhanced ultrasound is associated with plaque instability and rupture.Int J Stroke. 2012; 7: E12
- Contrast-enhanced ultrasound for the evaluation of neovascularization in atherosclerotic carotid artery plaques.Stroke. 2014; 45: 3073-3075
Grant support: This work was partly supported by JSPS KAKENHI (25861122) and Grant-in-Aid for Strategic Medical Science Research (S1491001) from the Ministry of Education, Culture, Sports, Science and Technology of Japan.
Conflict of interest: M.S. is a consultant for Hitachi Medical Corporation and has received honoraria from Hitachi Medical Corporation.