Purchase one-time access:Academic & Personal: 24 hour online accessCorporate R&D Professionals: 24 hour online access
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
Subscribe:Subscribe to Journal of Stroke and Cerebrovascular Diseases
- Prevalence, vascular distribution, and multiterritorial extent of subclinical atherosclerosis in a middle-aged cohort: the PESA (Progression of Early Subclinical Atherosclerosis) Study.Circulation. 2015; 131: 2104-2113
- Carotid plaque burden as a measure of subclinical atherosclerosis: comparison with other tests for subclinical arterial disease in the High Risk Plaque Bioimage study.JACC Cardiovasc Imaging. 2012; 5: 681-689
- Prevalence, impact, and predictive value of detecting subclinical coronary and carotid atherosclerosis in asymptomatic adults: the BioImage study.J Am Coll Cardiol. 2015; 65: 1065-1074
- Assessment of inflammatory burden contralateral to the symptomatic carotid stenosis using high-resolution ultrasmall, superparamagnetic iron oxide-enhanced MRI.Stroke. 2006; 37: 2266-2270
- Comparison of the inflammatory burden of truly asymptomatic carotid atheroma with atherosclerotic plaques contralateral to symptomatic carotid stenosis: an ultra small superparamagnetic iron oxide enhanced magnetic resonance study.J Neurol Neurosurg Psychiatry. 2007; 78: 1337-1343
- Comparison of the inflammatory burden of truly asymptomatic carotid atheroma with atherosclerotic plaques in patients with asymptomatic carotid stenosis undergoing coronary artery bypass grafting: an ultrasmall superparamagnetic iron oxide enhanced magnetic resonance study.Eur J Vasc Endovasc Surg. 2008; 35: 392-398
- Magnetic resonance imaging of atherothrombotic plaques.J Clin Neurosci. 2015; 22: 1722-1726
- High-resolution magnetic resonance imaging-based biomechanical stress analysis of carotid atheroma: a comparison of single transient ischaemic attack, recurrent transient ischaemic attacks, non-disabling stroke and asymptomatic patient groups.Eur J Vasc Endovasc Surg. 2010; 41: 83-90
- Association between biomechanical structural stresses of atherosclerotic carotid plaques and subsequent ischaemic cerebrovascular events—a longitudinal in vivo magnetic resonance imaging-based finite element study.Eur J Vasc Endovasc Surg. 2010; 40: 485-491
- Utility of high resolution MR imaging to assess carotid plaque morphology: a comparison of acute symptomatic, recently symptomatic and asymptomatic patients with carotid artery disease.Atherosclerosis. 2009; 207: 434-439
- 2014 ACC/AHA/AATS/PCNA/SCAI/STS focused update of the guideline for the diagnosis and management of patients with stable ischemic heart disease: a report of the American College of Cardiology/American Heart Association Task Force on Practice Guidelines, and the American Association for Thoracic Surgery, Preventive Cardiovascular Nurses Association, Society for Cardiovascular Angiography and Interventions, and Society of Thoracic Surgeons.Circulation. 2014; 130: 1749-1767
- Three-dimensional volumetric analysis of atherosclerotic plaques: a magnetic resonance imaging-based study of patients with moderate stenosis carotid artery disease.Int J Cardiovasc Imaging. 2010; 26: 897-904
- Characterisation of carotid atheroma in symptomatic and asymptomatic patients using high-resolution MRI.J Neurol Neurosurg Psychiatry. 2008; 905-12
- Iron oxide particles for atheroma imaging.Arterioscler Thromb Vasc Biol. 2009; 29: 1001-1008
- Atherosclerotic plaque inflammation quantification using dynamic contrast-enhanced (DCE) MRI.Quant Imaging Med Surg. 2013; 3: 298-301
- Sample size calculation for clinical trials using magnetic resonance imaging for the quantitative assessment of carotid atherosclerosis.J Cardiovasc Magn Reson. 2005; 7: 799-808
A.U. received funding from Mountbatten Cambridge International Scholarship in collaboration with Cambridge Trust, Christ's College, and Sir Ernest Cassel Education Trust. U.S. received funding from a Royal College of Surgeons of England/Medical Research Council (United Kingdom) clinical research training fellowship at the time when the study was conducted. This study was supported by NIHR Biomedical Research Centre.