Purchase one-time access:Academic & Personal: 24 hour online accessCorporate R&D Professionals: 24 hour online access
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
Subscribe:Subscribe to Journal of Stroke and Cerebrovascular Diseases
- Guidelines for the prevention of stroke in patients with stroke and transient ischemic attack: a guideline for healthcare professionals from the American Heart Association/American Stroke Association.Stroke. 2014; 45: 2160-2236
- Guidelines for the primary prevention of stroke: a statement for healthcare professionals from the American Heart Association/American Stroke Association.Stroke. 2014; 45: 3754-3832
- Relationship between blood pressure and stroke risk in patients with symptomatic carotid occlusive disease.Stroke. 2003; 34: 2583-2590
- Relationship between blood pressure and stroke recurrence in patients with intracranial arterial stenosis.Circulation. 2007; 115: 2969-2975
- Lower stroke risk with lower blood pressure in hemodynamic cerebral ischemia.Neurology. 2014; 82: 1027-1032
- Vertebrobasilar Flow Evaluation and Risk of Transient Ischaemic Attack and Stroke study (VERiTAS): rationale and design.Int J Stroke. 2010; 5: 499-505
- Hemodynamic features of symptomatic vertebrobasilar disease.Stroke. 2015; 46: 1850-1856
- Effect of hemodynamics on stroke risk in symptomatic atherosclerotic vertebrobasilar occlusive disease.JAMA Neurol. 2016; 73: 178-185
- Use of quantitative magnetic resonance angiography to stratify stroke risk in symptomatic vertebrobasilar disease.Stroke. 2005; 36: 1140-1145
- Seventh Report of the Joint National Committee on Prevention, Detection, Evaluation, and Treatment of High Blood Pressure.Hypertension. 2003; 42: 1206-1252
- New England Medical Center Posterior Circulation registry.Ann Neurol. 2004; 56: 389-398
- Lower target blood pressures are safe and effective for the prevention of recurrent stroke: the PROGRESS trial.J Hypertens. 2006; 24: 1201-1208
- A randomized trial of intensive versus standard blood-pressure control.N Engl J Med. 2015; 373: 2103-2116
- Collaterals dramatically alter stroke risk in intracranial atherosclerosis.Ann Neurol. 2011; 69: 963-974
- Extracranial-intracranial bypass surgery for stroke prevention in hemodynamic cerebral ischemia: the Carotid Occlusion Surgery Study randomized trial.JAMA. 2011; 306: 1983-1992
- Visit-to-visit variability of blood pressure and coronary heart disease, stroke, heart failure, and mortality: a cohort study.Ann Intern Med. 2015; 163: 329-338
Grant support: The VERiTAS Study was funded by the National Institutes of Health/National Institute of Neurological Disorders and Stroke (R01 NS 059745) and the Dr Ralph and Marian Falk Research Trust Foundation. Other research support (no direct funds) provided by VasSol, Inc. (Supplying NOVA QMRA technology and technical support).
Conflicts of interest: S.A.-H.: received material research support (no direct funds) from GE Healthcare and VasSol, Inc. D.S.L.: consultant for Stryker, Medtronic. C.P.D.: consultant for Microvention, Silk Road, Penumbra; serves on the Scientific Advisory Board, Pulse Therapeutics; stock options in Pulse Therapeutics. P.B.G.: served as the founder and director/co-director of the Clinical Coordinating Center for the Lundbeck sponsored DIAS 4 trial of desmoteplase in acute ischemic stroke. F.T.C.: has financial interest in VasSol, Inc.