Purchase one-time access:Academic & Personal: 24 hour online accessCorporate R&D Professionals: 24 hour online access
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
Subscribe:Subscribe to Journal of Stroke and Cerebrovascular Diseases
- Incidence, prevalence, costs, and impact on disability of common conditions requiring rehabilitation in the United States: stroke, spinal cord injury, traumatic brain injury, multiple sclerosis, osteoarthritis, rheumatoid arthritis, limb loss, and back pain.Arch Phys Med Rehab. 2014; 95: 986-995
- Unequal treatment: confronting racial and ethnic disparities in health care.J Natl Med Assoc. 2002; 94: 666-668
Boehme AK, Siegler JE, Mullen MT, et al. Racial and gender differences in stroke severity, outcomes and treatment in patients with acute ischemic stroke. J Stroke Cerebrovasc Dis 2014;23:e255-e261.
- Factors influencing acute stroke thrombolytic treatments in hispanics in the San Diego region.Austin J Cerebrovasc Dis Stroke. 2018; 5: 1074
- Progressive rural-urban disparity in acute stroke care.Neurology. 2017; 88: 441-448
- Sex differences in rt-PA utilization at hospitals treating stroke: the national inpatient sample.Front Neurol. 2017; 8: 500
- Significant improvements in “Door-To-CT” “Door-To-t-PA” times and frequency of t-PA given when a stroke center transitions from primary to comprehensive.Ann Emerg Med. 2016; 68: S102
- Stroke and helicopter emergency medical service transports: an analysis of 25,332 patients.Air Med J. 2015; 34: 348-356
- Implementing a mobile stroke unit program in the United States: why, how, and how much?.JAMA Neurol. 2015; 72: 229-234
- Framingham stroke risk score and cognitive impairment for predicting first-time stroke in the oldest old.Stroke. 2013; 44: 1866-1871
- Attitudes toward younger and older adults: an updated meta‐analytic review.J Soc Issues. 2005; 61: 241-266
Statewide Planning and Research Cooperative System (SPARCS). Bureau of health informatics, office of quality and patient safety, New York State Department of Health. https://www.health.ny.gov/statistics/sparcs/. Accessed November 11, 2017.
New York State Department of Health. NYS Health Profiles. https://profiles.health.ny.gov/hospital/designated_centers/Stroke+Center. Accessed September 20, 2018.
- Recommendations for the establishment of primary stroke centers.JAMA. 2000; 283: 3102-3109
- Quality improvement in acute stroke: the New York state stroke center designation project.Neurology. 2006; 67: 88-93
New York State Department of Health. Vital Statistics of New York State. https://www.health.ny.gov/statistics/vital_statistics/. Accessed December 20, 2018.
- Recombinant tissue-type plasminogen activator use for ischemic stroke in the United States: a doubling of treatment rates over the course of 5 years.Stroke. 2011; 42: 1952-1955
Census Viewer. Population of New York: census 2010 and 2000 interactive map, demographics, statistics, quick facts. http://censusviewer.com/state/NY. Accessed September 27, 2018.
New York State Department of Health. New York State health indicators by race/ethnicity, 2012-2014. website. https://www.health.ny.gov/statistics/community/minority/county/newyorkstate.htm. Accessed September 27, 2018.
- Racial disparities in tissue plasminogen activator treatment rate for stroke.Stroke. 2011; 42: 2217-2221
- Racial and ethnic disparities in the use of intravenous recombinant tissue plasminogen activator and outcomes for acute ischemic stroke.J Stroke Cerebrovasc Dis. 2013; 22: 154-160
Lacy CR, Suh DC, Bueno M, et al. Delay in presentation and evaluation for acute stroke: stroke time registry for outcomes knowledge and epidemiology (STROKE) Stroke 2001;32:63-69.
- Racial/Ethnic disparities in emergency department waiting time for stroke patients in the United States.J Stroke Cerebrovasc Dis. 2011; 20: 30-40
- Abstract T P131: racial disparities in post-stroke activity limitations are not due to pre-stroke activity limitation differences.Stroke. 2015; 46 (ATP131 (abstract))
- Sex disparity in stroke quality of care in a community-based study.J Stroke Cerebrovasc Dis. 2017; 26: 1781-1786
- Sex differences in quality of life after ischemic stroke.Neurology. 2014; 82: 922-931
Author Contributions: Mohammad A. Faysel contributed in the study concept and design, acquisition, analysis and interpretation of data, preparation of draft, and revision of manuscript. Jonathan Singer contributed in the study design, acquisition and interpretation of data, preparation of draft, and revision of manuscript while Caroline Cummings played a role in contributing toward preparation of draft, and revision of manuscript. Dimitre G. Stefanov contributed in the analysis and interpretation of data, and revision of manuscript and Steven R Levine accorded his role in the study concept and design, analysis and interpretation of data, critical revision of manuscript, and supervision of study.
Sources of Funding: None.