Background and aim
Purchase one-time access:Academic & Personal: 24 hour online accessCorporate R&D Professionals: 24 hour online access
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
Subscribe:Subscribe to Journal of Stroke and Cerebrovascular Diseases
- The long-term use of warfarin among atrial fibrillation patients discharged from an emergency department with a warfarin prescription.Ann Emerg Med. 2015; 66 (e342): 347-354
- Time trends in atrial fibrillation-associated stroke and premorbid anticoagulation.Stroke. 2019; 50: 21-27
- Characteristics, treatment and outcome of ischemic stroke with atrial fibrillation in a Chinese hospital-based stroke study.Cerebrovasc Dis. 2011; 31: 419-426
- Contribution of atrial fibrillation to incidence and outcome of ischemic stroke: results from a population-based study.Stroke. 2005; 36: 1115-1119
- Meta-analysis: antithrombotic therapy to prevent stroke in patients who have nonvalvular atrial fibrillation.Ann Intern Med. 2007; 146: 857-867
- Oral anticoagulant therapy prescription in patients with atrial fibrillation across the spectrum of stroke risk: insights from the NCDR PINNACLE registry.JAMA Cardiol. 2016; 1: 55-62
- National trends in oral anticoagulant use in the United States, 2007 to 2011.Circ Cardiovasc Qual Outcomes. 2012; 5: 615-621
- Non-vitamin K antagonist oral anticoagulation agents in anticoagulant naive atrial fibrillation patients: Danish nationwide descriptive data 2011-2013.Europace. 2015; 17: 187-193
- Novel oral anticoagulant use among patients with atrial fibrillation hospitalized with ischemic stroke or transient ischemic attack.Circ Cardiovasc Qual Outcomes. 2015; 8: 383-392
- Association of preceding antithrombotic treatment with acute ischemic stroke severity and in-hospital outcomes among patients with atrial fibrillation.JAMA. 2017; 317: 1057-1067
- Guidelines for the primary prevention of stroke: a statement for healthcare professionals from the American Heart Association/American Stroke Association.Stroke. 2014; 45: 3754-3832
- ocused update of the ESC Guidelines for the management of atrial fibrillation.Eur Heart J. 2012 f2012; 33: 2719-2747
- Refining clinical risk stratification for predicting stroke and thromboembolism in atrial fibrillation using a novel risk factor-based approach.Chest. 2010; 137: 263-272
- Missed opportunities for appropriate anticoagulation among emergency department patients with uncomplicated atrial fibrillation or flutter.Ann Emerg Med. 2013; 62 (e552): 557-565
- Benefits of emergency departments' contribution to stroke prophylaxis in atrial fibrillation: the EMERG-AF study (emergency department stroke prophylaxis and guidelines implementation in atrial fibrillation).Stroke. 2017; 48: 1344-1352
- Incidence of intracranial hemorrhage in patients with atrial fibrillation who are prone to fall.Am J Med. 2005; 118: 612-617
- Focused update of the Canadian cardiovascular society guidelines for the management of atrial fibrillation.Can J Cardiol. 2018; 34: 1371-1392
- Emergency department visits for atrial fibrillation in the united states: trends in admission rates and economic burden from 2007 to 2014.J Am Heart Assoc. 2018; 7
The US Census Bureau. An aging nation: the older population in the United States. 2014; P25-1140.
Work was performed at Jackson Memorial Health Systems, Emergency Department and University of Miami: Miller School of Medicine, Department of Neurology.
Disclosures: Dr. Seemant Chaturvedi and Dr. Lilly Lee each receive funding from Boehringer-Ingelheim Pharmaceuticals, Inc.
No grant support was received for this project.