Abbreviations:BRS (Brunnstrom Recovery Stage), CI (confidence interval), FACHS (Functional Ambulation Classification of the Hospital at Sagunto), Mini-BESTest (Mini-Balance Evaluation Systems Test), OR (odds ratio), TUG (Timed Up and Go)
Purchase one-time access:Academic & Personal: 24 hour online accessCorporate R&D Professionals: 24 hour online access
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
Subscribe:Subscribe to Journal of Stroke and Cerebrovascular Diseases
Mather CD FD, Boerma JThe global burden of disease. 20082004. Available from: URL: http://www.who.int/healthinfo/global_burden_disease/GBD_report_2004update_full.pdf.
Ministry of Health LaW, Government of Japan [Internet]. Summary report of comprehensive survey of living conditions in 2013–2014 [cited 2017 Mar 28]. Available from: URL:http://www.mhlw.go.jp/english/database/db-hss/cslc-tables.html.
- Predicting activities after stroke: what is clinically relevant?.Int J Stroke. 2013; 8: 25-32
- Classification of walking ability of household walkers versus community walkers based on K-BBS, gait velocity and upright motor control.Eur J Phys Rehabil Med. 2015; 51: 619-625
- Community ambulation after stroke: how important and obtainable is it and what measures appear predictive?.Arch Phys Med Rehabil. 2004; 85: 234-239
- Classification of walking handicap in the stroke population.Stroke. 1995; 26: 982-989
- Proposal and validation of a new functional ambulation classification scale for clinical use.Arch Phys Med Rehabil. 2005; 86: 1234-1238
- Fear of moving outdoors and development of outdoor walking difficulty in older people.J Am Geriatr Soc. 2009; 57: 634-640
- Outdoor physical activity and self rated health in older adults living in two regions of the U.S.Int J Behav Nutr Phys Act. 2012; 9: 89
- Community ambulation in patients with chronic stroke: how is it related to gait speed?.J Rehabil Med. 2008; 40: 23-27
- Measurement of community ambulation after stroke: current status and future developments.Stroke. 2005; 36: 1457-1461
- Dimensions of mobility: defining the complexity and difficulty associated with community mobility.J Aging Phys. 1999; 7: 7-19
- Clinical measurement of walking balance in people post stroke: a systematic review.Clin Rehabil. 2011; 25: 693-708
- A short portable mental status questionnaire for the assessment of organic brain deficit in elderly patients.J Am Geriatr Soc. 1975; 23: 433-441
- Using psychometric techniques to improve the Balance Evaluation Systems Test: the mini-BESTest.J Rehabil Med. 2010; 42: 323-331
- The Balance Evaluation Systems Test (BESTest) to differentiate balance deficits.Phys Ther. 2009; 89: 484-498
- Psychometric properties of the Mini-Balance Evaluation Systems Test (Mini-BESTest) in community-dwelling individuals with chronic stroke.Phys Ther. 2013; 93: 1102-1115
- The timed “Up & Go”: a test of basic functional mobility for frail elderly persons.J Am Geriatr Soc. 1991; 39: 142-148
- The timed up & go test: its reliability and association with lower-limb impairments and locomotor capacities in people with chronic stroke.Arch Phys Med Rehabil. 2005; 86: 1641-1647
- Is gait speed or walking distance a better predictor for community walking after stroke?.J Rehabil Med. 2013; 45: 535-540
- Factors associated with community ambulation in chronic stroke.Disabil Rehabil. 2016; 38: 245-249
- Factors related to community ambulation in patients with chronic stroke.Top Stroke Rehabil. 2015; 22: 63-71
- Validity of the Community Balance and Mobility Scale in community-dwelling persons after stroke.Arch Phys Med Rehabil. 2010; 91: 890-896
- Comparison of reliability, validity, and responsiveness of the mini-BESTest and Berg Balance Scale in patients with balance disorders.Phys Ther. 2013; 93: 158-167
- Is the BESTest at its best? A suggested brief version based on interrater reliability, validity, internal consistency, and theoretical construct.Phys Ther. 2012; 92: 1197-1207
- Determinants of satisfaction with community reintegration in older adults with chronic stroke: role of balance self-efficacy.Phys Ther. 2007; 87: 282-291
- Factors related to performance-based mobility and self-reported physical activity in individuals 1-3 years after stroke: a cross-sectional cohort study.J Stroke Cerebrovasc Dis. 2013; 22: e426-e434
- Factors describing community ambulation after stroke: a mixed-methods study.Clin Rehabil. 2015; 29: 509-521
- Non-motor factors associated with the attainment of community ambulation after stroke.Clin Med Res. 2015; 13: 58-64
- Perceived environmental barriers to outdoor mobility and feelings of loneliness among community-dwelling older people.J Gerontol Biol Sci Med Sci. 2014; 69: 1562-1568
Department and institution where work was performed: This work was performed at Graduate school of Health and Social Science, Saitama Prefectural University.
Financial support: None declared.