Purchase one-time access:Academic & Personal: 24 hour online accessCorporate R&D Professionals: 24 hour online access
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
Subscribe:Subscribe to Journal of Stroke and Cerebrovascular Diseases
- Worldwide stroke incidence and early case fatality reported in 56 population-based studies: a systematic review.Lancet Neurol. 2009; 8: 355-369
- Incidence, case fatality, and functional outcome of intracerebral haemorrhage over time, according to age, sex, and ethnic origin: a systematic review and meta-analysis.Lancet Neurol. 2010; 9: 167-176
- Risk factors for intracerebral hemorrhage in the general population.Stroke J Am Hear Assoc. 2003; 34: 2060-2065
- Global and regional effects of potentially modifiable risk factors associated with acute stroke in 32 countries (INTERSTROKE): a case-control study.Lancet. 2016; 388: 761-775
- Risk factors for intracerebral hemorrhage in a pooled prospective study.Stroke. 2007; 38: 2718-2725
- Quality of life and depression 3 months after intracerebral hemorrhage.Brain Behav. 2019; 9: e01270
- Cohortprofile: the National FINRISK study.Int J Epidemiol. 2017; 47: 696
- Risk factors and their combined effects on the incidence rate of subarachnoid hemorrhage—a population-based cohort study.Plos One. 2013; 8: e73760
- Risk factors for cerebral hemorrhage in the era of well-controlled hypertension. Melbourne Risk Factor Study (MERFS) Group.Stroke. 1996; 27: 2020-2025
- Different risk factors for different stroke subtypes: association of blood pressure, cholesterol, and antioxidants.Stroke. 1999; 30: 2535-2540
- Elderly subjects aged 70 years and above have different risk factors for ischemic and hemorrhagic strokes compared to younger subjects.J Am Geriatr Soc. 1992; 40: 124-129
- Cerebral small vessel disease: from pathogenesis and clinical characteristics to therapeutic challenges.Lancet Neurol. 2010; 9: 689-701
- Differing association of alcohol consumption with different stroke types: a systematic review and meta-analysis.BMC Med. 2016; 14: 1-11
- Alcohol use and risk of intracerebral hemorrhage.Neurology. 2017; 88: 2043-2051
- The risk of intracerebral haemorrhage with smoking. The Melbourne Risk Factor Study Group.Cerebrovasc Dis. 1999; 9: 34-39
- Risk factors for spontaneous intracerebral hemorrhage.Stroke. 1995; 26: 1558-1564
- Risk factors for primary intracerebral hemorrhage: a population-based nested case-control study.Cerebrovasc Dis. 2006; 21: 18-25
- Cigarette smoking. A risk factor for hemorrhagic and nonhemorrhagic stroke.Arch Intern Med. 1989; 149: 2053-2057
- Hypercholesterolemia, HMG-CoA reductase inhibitors, and risk of intracerebral hemorrhage.Stroke J Am Hear Assoc. 2004; 35: 1360-1363
- Serum cholesterol levels and six-year mortality from stroke in 350,977 men screened for the multiple risk factor intervention trial.New Engl J Med. 1989; 320: 904-910
- Statin therapy and the risk of intracerebral hemorrhage.Stroke. 2012; 43: 2149-2156
- Differences in risk factors for 3 types of stroke.Neurology. 2018; 90: e298-e306
- Socioeconomic differences in the incidence, mortality and prognosis of intracerebral hemorrhage in Finnish adult population.Neuroepidemiology. 2001; 20: 85-90
- Socioeconomic disparities in first stroke incidence, quality of care, and survival: a nationwide registry-based cohort study of 44 million adults in England.Lancet Public Heal. 2018; 3: e185-e193
Witting M. Statistics Finland. Available at: http://www.stat.fi/til/vkour/2016/vkour_2016_2017-11-02_tie_001_en.html. Accessed October 23rd, 2018.
- Risk factors of sudden death from subarachnoid hemorrhage.Stroke. 2018; 48: 2399-2404
Laatikainen T, Pajunen P, Pääkkönen R, et al. National Cardiovascular Disease Register, statistical database. Available at: www.thl.fi/cvdr. Accessed May 6th, 2019.
- Physical activity and risk of stroke in women.Stroke. 2010; 41: 1243-1250
- Physical activity in older middle-aged men and reduced risk of stroke: the Honolulu Heart Program.Am J Epidemiol. 1994; 139: 881-893
- Association of psychosocial risk factors with risk of acute myocardial infarction in 11119 cases and 13648 controls from 52 countries (the INTERHEART study): case-control study.Lancet. 2004; 364: 953-962
- Effect of potentially modifiable risk factors associated with myocardial infarction in 52 countries (the INTERHEART study): case-control study.Lancet. 2004; 364: 937-952
- Prolonged sleep increases the risk of intracerebral haemorrhage: a nationwide case-control study.Eur J Neurol. 2016; 23: 1036-1043
- Epidemiology, risk factors, and clinical features of intracerebral hemorrhage: an update.J Stroke. 2017; 19: 3-10
Grant support: This work was supported by the Finnish Governmental subsidiary grant (VTR), and grants from Maire Taponen Foundation, The Finnish Medical Foundation, and Biomedicum Foundation. V.S. was supported by the Finnish Foundation for Cardiovascular Research.