- •All patients admitted with acute stroke were included in the cohort
- •Clinical information available at admission was included as predictors
- •The time of follow-up was one year and the main outcome measure was mortality
- •Three prediction models of one-year mortality were constructed
- •Cross-validation was used to validate the models and estimate degree of overfitting
Purchase one-time access:Academic & Personal: 24 hour online accessCorporate R&D Professionals: 24 hour online access
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
Subscribe:Subscribe to Journal of Stroke and Cerebrovascular Diseases
- Global and regional burden of stroke during 1990-2010: findings from the Global Burden of Disease Study 2010.Lancet (London, England). 2014; 383: 245-254
WHO. Global Health Observatory data repository - Cause of death 2000-2012. 2016,http://apps.who.int/gho/data/node.main.CODWORLD?lang=en. (2015, accessed 4 May 2016).
- Predicting survival for 1 year among different subtypes of stroke. Results from the Perth Community Stroke Study.Stroke. 1994; 25: 1935-1944
- Prognosis of stroke in the south of Greece: 1 year mortality, functional outcome and its determinants: the Arcadia Stroke Registry.J Neurol Neurosurg Psychiatry. 2000; 69: 595-600
- Influence of admission body temperature on stroke mortality.Stroke. 2000; 31: 404-409
- A prediction model of 1-year mortality for acute ischemic stroke patients.Arch Phys Med Rehabil. 2003; 84: 1006-1011
- Poor outcome after first-ever stroke: predictors for death, dependency, and recurrent stroke within the first year.Stroke. 2003; 34: 122-126
- Characteristics of the National Institute of Health Stroke Scale: results from a population-based stroke cohort at baseline and after one year.Cerebrovasc Dis. 2004; 17: 21-27
- Mortality and cause of death after hospital discharge in 10,981 patients with ischemic stroke and transient ischemic attack.Cerebrovasc Dis. 2005; 19: 171-178
- Body mass index and poststroke mortality.Neuroepidemiology. 2008; 30: 93-100
- Variables associated with 7-day, 30-day, and 1-year fatality after ischemic stroke.Stroke. 2008; 39: 2318-2324
- IScore: a risk score to predict death early after hospitalization for an acute ischemic stroke.Circulation. 2011; 123: 739-749
- Predictors of early and late case-fatality in a nationwide Danish study of 26,818 patients with first-ever ischemic stroke.Stroke. 2011; 42: 2806-2812
- Short-term and long-term stroke survival: the belgrade prognostic study.J Clin Neurol. 2013; 9: 14-20
- Reliability of Scandinavian Neurological Stroke Scale.Cerebrovasc Dis. 1991; 1: 103-107
- Early warning score predicts acute mortality in stroke patients.Acta Neurol Scand. 2016; 133: 261-267
- Longitudinal patient-reported performance status assessment in the cancer clinic is feasible and prognostic.J Oncol Pract. 2011; 7: 374-381
- New ICD-10 version of the Charlson comorbidity index predicted in-hospital mortality.J Clin Epidemiol. 2004; 57: 1288-1294
- Clinical Prediction Models.Springer, New York, NY2009https://doi.org/10.1007/978-0-387-77244-8 (Epub ahead of print)
- Verification of forecasts expressed in terms of probability.Mon Weather Rev. 1950; 78: 1-3
- Improvements on Cross-Validation: The .632+ Bootstrap Method.J Am Stat Assoc. 1997; 92: 548-560
Gerds TA. GoodModel: Validation of risk prediction models, https://cran.r-project.org/web/packages/ModelGood/ModelGood.pdf. (2014, Accessed October 12, 2016).
- Five-year survival after first-ever stroke and related prognostic factors in the Perth Community Stroke Study.Stroke. 2000; 31: 2080-2086
Funding: No funding was received.