Purchase one-time access:Academic & Personal: 24 hour online accessCorporate R&D Professionals: 24 hour online access
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
Subscribe:Subscribe to Journal of Stroke and Cerebrovascular Diseases
- Poor awareness of stroke–a hospital-based study from South India: an urgent need for awareness programs.J Stroke Cerebrovasc Dis. 2014; 23: 2091-2098https://doi.org/10.1016/j.jstrokecerebrovasdis.2014.03.017
- Global burden of stroke.Semin Neurol. 2018; 38: 208-211https://doi.org/10.1055/s-0038-1649503
- Stroke awareness in the Saudi community living in Riyadh: prompt public health measures must be implemented.J Stroke Cerebrovasc Dis. 2014; 23: 500-504https://doi.org/10.1016/j.jstrokecerebrovasdis.2013.04.011
- The level of awareness of stroke risk factors and symptoms in the Gulf Cooperation Council countries: Gulf Cooperation Council stroke awareness study.Neuroepidemiology. 2007; 29: 235-242https://doi.org/10.1159/000112856
- Knowledge of stroke risk factors and warning signs in Ireland: development and application of the Stroke Awareness Questionnaire (SAQ).Int J Stroke. 2012; 7: 298-306https://doi.org/10.1111/j.1747-4949.2011.00698.x
A. Gomes, M. Henrique, Jr., V.A. Schoeps, et al., Popular stroke knowledge in Brazil: a multicenter survey during “World Stroke Day”, eNeurologicalSci6 (2017) 63-67. doi: 10.1016/j.ensci.2016.12.002.
- Public awareness of stroke and its predicting factors in Korea: a National Public Telephone Survey, 2012 and 2014.J Korean Med Sci. 2016; 31: 1703-1710https://doi.org/10.3346/jkms.2016.31.11.1703
- Stroke awareness in the general population: knowledge of stroke risk factors and warning signs in older adults.BMC Geriatr. 2009; 9: 35https://doi.org/10.1186/1471-2318-9-35
- Changes in knowledge of stroke risk factors and warning signs among Michigan adults.Cerebrovasc Dis. 2008; 25: 385-391https://doi.org/10.1159/000121338
Saudi Stroke Organization. Available at: https://stroke.org.sa/events/list/?tribe_paged=1&tribe_event_display=past. Accessed 23 November 2019.
- Knowledge of stroke risk factors, warning symptoms, and treatment among an Australian urban population.Stroke. 2001; 32: 1926-1930https://doi.org/10.1161/01.str.32.8.1926
- Knowledge of stroke among a Brazilian urban population.Arquivos de neuro-psiquiatria. 2007; 65: 587-591https://doi.org/10.1590/s0004-282x2007000400007
- Awareness of warning symptoms and risk factors of stroke in the general population and in survivors stroke.J Clin Neurosci. 2007; 14: 12-16https://doi.org/10.1016/j.jocn.2005.12.049
- Stroke knowledge and awareness: an integrative review of the evidence.Age and ageing. 2010; 39: 11-22https://doi.org/10.1093/ageing/afp196
- Stroke awareness in Brazil: alarming results in a community-based study.Stroke. 2008; 39: 292-296https://doi.org/10.1161/strokeaha.107.493908
- Public perception of stroke warning signs and knowledge of potential risk factors.JAMA. 1998; 279: 1288-1292https://doi.org/10.1001/jama.279.16.1288
- Trends in community knowledge of the warning signs and risk factors for stroke.JAMA. 2003; 289: 343-346https://doi.org/10.1001/jama.289.3.343
- Assessment of the general public's knowledge of stroke: a cross-sectional study in Yaounde, Cameroon.J Neurol Sci. 2017; 378: 123-129https://doi.org/10.1016/j.jns.2017.05.004
A. M, Women's Employment in Saudi Arabia A Major Challenge. Available at: https://ncys.ksu.edu.sa/sites/ncys.ksu.edu.sa/files/Women002_5.pdf. Accessed 2 December 2019.
- Guidelines for the primary prevention of stroke: a statement for healthcare professionals from the American Heart Association/American Stroke Association.Stroke. 2014; 45: 3754-3832https://doi.org/10.1161/str.0000000000000046
- Rural community knowledge of stroke warning signs and risk factors.Prev Chronic Disease. 2005; 2: A14
- Knowledge of risk factors and warning signs of stroke.Vasc Health Risk Manag. 2005; 1: 137-147https://doi.org/10.2147/vhrm.184.108.40.206085
- Is stroke increasing in India–preventive measures that need to be implemented.J Indian Med Assoc. 2005; 103 (166 passim): 162, 164
- Preventing stroke: saving lives around the world.Lancet Neurol. 2007; 6: 182-187https://doi.org/10.1016/s1474-4422(07)70031-5
- Factors associated with prehospital delays in the presentation of acute stroke in urban China.Stroke. 2012; 43: 362-370https://doi.org/10.1161/strokeaha.111.623512
- Public awareness of stroke in Korea: a population-based national survey.Stroke. 2012; 43: 1146-1149https://doi.org/10.1161/strokeaha.111.638460
- Impact of media on community awareness of stroke warning signs: a comparison study.J Stroke Cerebrovasc Dis. 2010; 19: 370-375https://doi.org/10.1016/j.jstrokecerebrovasdis.2009.06.007
Funding: This study was supported by Deanship of Scientific research at princess Nourah Bint Abdulrahaman University through the fast-trach research funding program. The funder had no role in study design, conduction, or decision to publish the manuscript.