Purchase one-time access:Academic & Personal: 24 hour online accessCorporate R&D Professionals: 24 hour online access
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
Subscribe:Subscribe to Journal of Stroke and Cerebrovascular Diseases
- Incidence of aneurysmal subarachnoid hemorrhage in Shimokita, Japan, from 1989 to 1998.Stroke. 2002; 33: 195-199
- Changes in case fatality of aneurysmal subarachnoid haemorrhage over time, according to age, sex, and region: A meta-analysis.Lancet Neurol. 2009; 8: 635-642
- Worldwide incidence of aneurysmal subarachnoid hemorrhage according to region, time period, blood pressure, and smoking prevalence in the population: A systematic review and meta-analysis.JAMA Neurol. 2019; 76: 588-597
- Guidelines for the management of aneurysmal subarachnoid hemorrhage: A guideline for healthcare professionals from the American Heart Association/American Stroke Association.Stroke. 2012; 43: 1711-1737
- European Stroke Organization guidelines for the management of intracranial aneurysms and subarachnoid haemorrhage.Cerebrovasc Dis. 2013; 35: 93-112
- Analysis of subarachnoid hemorrhage according to the Japanese Standard Stroke Registry study - incidence, outcome, and comparison with the International Subarachnoid Aneurysm Trial.Neurol Med Chir (Tokyo). 2004; 44: 275-276
- New grading of level of disordered consiousness (author's transl).No Shinkei Geka. 1974; 2: 623-627
- Indications for computed tomography in patients with mild head injury.Neurol Med Chir (Tokyo). 2007; 47 (discussion 297-298): 291-297
- The eye response test alone is sufficient to predict stroke outcome - reintroduction of Japan Coma Scale: A cohort study.BMJ Open. 2013; 3e002736
- Validity of diagnoses, procedures, and laboratory data in Japanese administrative data.J Epidemiol. 2017; 27: 476-482
- Effect of actual age on outcome at discharge in patients by surgical clipping and endovascular coiling for ruptured cerebral aneurysm in Japan.Neurosurg Rev. 2018; 41: 1007-1011
- Aneurysmal subarachnoid hemorrhage in the elderly over age 75: A systematic review.Neurol Med Chir (Tokyo). 2017; 57: 575-583
- Prediction of outcome after aneurysmal subarachnoid hemorrhage.Stroke. 2019; 50: 837-844
- Subarachnoid haemorrhage in patients ≥ 75 years: Clinical course, treatment and outcome.J Neurol Neurosurg Psychiatry. 2006; 77: 933-937
- Treatment outcome of aneurysmal subarachnoid hemorrhage in patients aged 70 years and older.Neurosurgery. 2011; 68 (discussion 758): 753-758
- Impact of comorbidity on early outcome of patients with subarachnoid hemorrhage caused by cerebral aneurysm rupture.Med Arch. 2015; 69: 280-283
- Age and outcome after aneurysmal subarachnoid hemorrhage: Why do older patients fare worse?.J Neurosurg. 1996; 85: 410-418
- Critical age affecting 1-year functional outcome in elderly patients aged ≥ 70 years with aneurysmal subarachnoid hemorrhage.Acta Neurochir (Wien). 2014; 156: 1655-1661
- Subarachnoid hemorrhage in the eighties: To treat or not to treat.J Neurosurg Sci. 2019; ([Epub ahead of print])
- Relation of cerebral vasospasm to subarachnoid hemorrhage visualized by computerized tomographic scanning.Neurosurgery. 1980; 6: 1-9
Disclosures: The authors report no conflict of interest concerning the materials or methods used in this study or the findings specified in this paper.
Funding: This work was supported by grants from the Ministry of Health, Labour and Welfare, Japan (19AA2007) and the Ministry of Education, Culture, Sports, Science and Technology, Japan (17H04141). Drs Yasunaga and Fushimi received grants from the Ministry of Health, Labour and Welfare, Japan (19AA2007 and H30-Policy-Designated-00) and the Ministry of Education, Culture, Sports, Science and Technology, Japan (17H04141).