This is an extremely rare reported case of intravascular large B-cell lymphoma (IVLBCL) presenting with acute hemorrhages and numerous microbleeds. An 80-year-old man presented with consciousness disturbances after convulsion. Computed tomography revealed multiple hemorrhages, and susceptibility-weighted imaging (SWI) demonstrated numerous microbleeds. Brain biopsy showed CD20-positive cells in small vessels; accordingly, IVLBCL was diagnosed. IVLBCL should be considered as a differential diagnosis in multiple cerebral hemorrhages and microbleeds.
To read this article in full you will need to make a payment
Purchase one-time access:Academic & Personal: 24 hour online accessCorporate R&D Professionals: 24 hour online access
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
Subscribe:Subscribe to Journal of Stroke and Cerebrovascular Diseases
Already a print subscriber? Claim online access
Already an online subscriber? Sign in
Register: Create an account
Institutional Access: Sign in to ScienceDirect
- Intravascular large B-cell lymphoma: a chameleon with multiple faces and many masks.Blood. 2018; 132: 1561-1567
- Intravascular lymphoma with an acute course of cerebellar hemorrhage: a case report.Neurol Med Chir. 2018; 58: 96-100
- Intravascular lymphomatosis and intracerebral haemorrhage.Neurol Sci. 2010; 31: 793-797
- Intravascular large B-cell lymphoma mimicking cerebral amyloid angiopathy-related inflammation.Rev Neurol. 2018; 174: 265-266
- Intracascular lymphoma in the CNS: options for treatment.Curr Treat Option Neurol. 2017; 19: 35
Published online: April 02, 2020
Accepted: February 29, 2020
Received in revised form: February 25, 2020
Received: January 24, 2020
Financial disclosures: The authors report no disclosure relevant to the manuscript. No targeted funding reported.
© 2020 Elsevier Inc. All rights reserved.