Purchase one-time access:Academic & Personal: 24 hour online accessCorporate R&D Professionals: 24 hour online access
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
Subscribe:Subscribe to Journal of Stroke and Cerebrovascular Diseases
- Recognizing noncommunicable diseases as a global health security threat.Bull World Health Organ. 2018; 96: 792-793
- World health statistics 2019.2019 (Geneva: World Health Organization)
- Risk factors for ischaemic and intracerebral haemorrhagic stroke in 22 countries (the INTERSTROKE study): a case-control study.Lancet. 2010; 376: 112-123
- The case-crossover design: a method for studying transient effects on the risk of acute events.Am J Epidemiol. 1991; 133: 144-153
- Should we use a case-crossover design?.Annu Rev Public Health. 2000; 21: 193-221
- Major depression and small vessel stroke: a Mendelian randomization analysis.J Neurol. 2019; 266 (Epub 2019 Aug 21): 2859-2866https://doi.org/10.1007/s00415-019-09511-w
- Systematic review and meta-analysis of psychosocial risk factors for stroke.Semin Neurol. 2017; 37: 294-306
- Does a birthday predispose to vascular events?.Neurology. 2006; 67: 300-304
- Acute psychosocial stress and cardiovascular events.Am J Emerg Med. 2002; 20: 488-491
- Triggering of acute myocardial infarction onset by episodes of anger. Determinants of Myocardial Infarction Onset Investigators.Circulation. 1995; 92 (1720-1725)
- Prevalence of triggering factors in acute stroke: hospital-based observational cross-sectional study.J Stroke Cerebrovasc Dis. 2014; 24: 337-347
- Experience from a multicentre stroke register: a preliminary report.Bull World Health Organ. 1976; 54: 541-553
- The structure of mood change: an idiographic/nomothetic analysis.J Pers Soc Psychol. 1982; 43: 111-122
- Analysis of potential predictors of depression among coronary heart disease risk factors including heart rate variability, markers of inflammation, and endothelial function.Eur Heart J. 2008; 29: 1110-1117
- Psychological distress and risk of myocardial infarction and stroke in the 45 and up study.Circ Cardiovasc Qual Outcomes. 2018; 11e004500
- Copenhagen City Heart Study. Self-reported stress and risk of stroke: the Copenhagen City Heart Study.Stroke. 2003; 34 (Epub 2003 Mar 13): 856-862
- Triggering risk factors for ischemic stroke.Neurology. 2004; 63: 2006-2010
- Stressful life events as triggers of ischemic stroke: a case-crossover study.Int J of Stroke. 2013; 8: 300-307
- Self-perceived psychological stress and ischemic stroke: a case-control study.BMC Med. 2009; 7: 53
- Can experiencing stressful life events be a risk factor of stroke?.J Med Sci. 2009; 9: 280-283
- Precipitants of Brain Infarction. Roles of Preceding Infection/Inflammation and Recent Psychological Stress.Stroke. 1996; 27: 1999-2004
- Circumstances surrounding the onset of stroke: a qualitative study.J Adv Nurs. 2016; 72: 641-649
- Risk of stroke after bereavement-a systematic literature review.Acta Neurol Scand. 2017; 136: 293-297
- Circumstances surrounding sudden deaths from coronary artery disease with coronary necropsies.Br Heart J. 1975; 37: 1133-1143
Financial disclosure: This study did not receive any funding.
Co-authors: Dr. Pardeep Khanna, MD, Professor and HOD, Department of Community Medicine, PGIMS, Rohtak-124001. Ph: +91-986839093. Dr. V. K. Katyal, MD, Professor, Department of Medicine, PGIMS, Rohtak-124001. Ph: +91-9991258540. Dr. Ramesh Verma, MD, Professor, Department of Community Medicine, PGIME, Rohtak-124001. Ph: +91-9416381012.