- •DRS was considered in terms of both cost-effectiveness and accessibility.
- •Cost-effectiveness of allocating a neurointerventionist by policy was evaluated.
- •Our analyze clarified in which area DRS would be cost-effective.
- •100 repetitions conducted to consider the effect of uncertainty in patient locations.
- •Costs for DRS paid by the government was comprehensively included for the analysis.
Materials and methods
Purchase one-time access:Academic & Personal: 24 hour online accessCorporate R&D Professionals: 24 hour online access
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
Subscribe:Subscribe to Journal of Stroke and Cerebrovascular Diseases
- The Ministry of Health Labour and Welfare. Survey on the Trend of Medical Care Expenditures FY2017.2019 (Available at)(Accessed on November 18) (In Japanese)
- The ministry of health labour and welfare.Comprehensive Survey of Living Conditions. 27. 2013 (nursing care. Avaiable at)(accessd on September2018) (In Japanese)
- Total Medical Fees. Nakayama Shoten.2015
- The Ministry of Health Labour and Welfare. Stroke and cardiovascular disease control act.May 24, 2020 (available at)Accessed onJapanese)
- A randomized trial of intraarterial treatment for acute ischemic stroke.N Engl J Med. 2015; 372: 11-20
- Randomized assessment of rapid endovascular treatment of ischemic stroke.N Engl J Med. 2015; 372: 1019-1030
- Endovascular therapy for ischemic stroke with perfusion-imaging selection.N Engl J Med. 2015; 12 (372): 1009-1018
- Stent-retriever thrombectomy after intravenous t-PA vs. t-PA alone in stroke.N Engl J Med. 2015; 372: 2285-2295
- Time to treatment with endovascular thrombectomy and outcomes from ischemic stroke: a meta-analysis.JAMA-J Am Med Associat. 2016; 316: 1279-1288
- The Second Edition: A Guideline from the Japan Stroke Society (the 3rd version 2019).the Japan Neurosurgical Society and the Japanese Society for Neuroendovascular Therapy, 2021 (In Japanese)
- Cost effectiveness of drive and retrieve system in hokkaido for acute ischemic stroke patient treatment using geographic information system.J Stroke Cerebrovasc Dis. 2019; 28: 2292-2301
- Present status of intravenous rt-PA therapy and regional difference in its availability in Japan.Jpn J Stroke. 2010; 32 (in Japanese): 770-772
- Hokkaido Healthcare Plan.2018 ([revised edition]Available at)(Accessed May 24, 2020) (In Japanese)
- Accessibility to tertiary stroke centers in Hokkaido, Japan: use of novel metrics to assess acute stroke care quality.J Stroke aCerebrovasc Dis. 2018; 27: 177-184
Hokkaido University, Department of neurosurgery, graduate school of medicine, Hokkaido University. Clinical Research Available at https://neurosurgery-hokudai.jp/research/clinical/(Accessed on November 19, 2019 ) (In Japanese).
- Efficacy of "Drive and Retrieve" as a cooperative method for the prompt endovascular treatment for acute ischemic stroke.J Neurointerv Surg. 2019;
- Guideline for economic evaluation of healthcare technologies in Japan.J Natl Inst Public Health. 2013; 62 (In Japanese): 625-640
Statistics Bureau, The ministry of internal affairs and communication. The Census 2015. Available at http://www.stat.go.jp/data/kokusei/2015/kekka.html (Accessed on November 19, 2019) (In Japanese).
- Management and short-term outcome of stroke in a general population of 1.4 million Japanese.Circ J. 2017; 81: 1636-1646
- The guideline manual. 7 Assessing cost effectiveness. 17. 2018 (Available at)(Accessed Octover)
- FX Chart Rate. Available at.2020(Accessed on December 4.) (In Japanese)
- Specialists in Hokkaido.2017 (Available at: http://jsnet.hkdo.jp/. (Accessed June 5) (In Japanese))
- Accuracy of first recorded “last known normal” times of stroke code patients.J Stroke Cerebrovasc Dis. 2015; 24: 2467-2473
- Med Care Chronic-Phase Stroke Japan. 2012; 52: 175-180
ELSEVIER. Today's clinical support. Available at https://clinicalsup.jp/contentlist/shinryo/ika_2_10_1_3_1/k178-4.html (Accessed on December 4, 2020 ) (In Japanese).
- Cost of illness after stroke.J Internat Univ Health Welfare. 2016; 21 (In Japanese): 82-92
- Basic Survey on Wage Structure FY2018.2019 (Available at)=000001011429 ) (Accessed on December 6) (In Japanese))
Japan Pension Service. Insurance premiums table. Available at https://www.nenkin.go.jp/service/kounen/hokenryo-gaku/gakuhyo/20140808.html Accessed on December 6, 2019 (In Japanese).
The Ministry of Health Labour and Welfare. Employment insurance rate FY2019. Available at https://www.mhlw.go.jp/stf/seisakunitsuite/bunya/0000108634.html (Accessed on December 6, 2019 ) (In Japanese).
The Ministry of Health Labour and Welfare. Workers’ accident compensation insurance, insurance premiums table FY2018. Available at https://www.mhlw.go.jp/bunya/roudoukijun/rousaihoken.html ) (Accessed on December 6, 2019 ) (In Japanese).
- Ministry of economy, trade and industry.Survey on the Price of Petroleum Products. 2019 (Available at)(Accessed on December 6) (In Japanese)
- Thrombectomy 6 to 24 hours after stroke with a mismatch between deficit and infarct.N Engl J Med. 2018; 378: 11-21
- Thrombectomy for stroke at 6 to 16 hours with selection by perfusion imaging.N Engl J Med. 2018; 378: 708-718