- •pTRA and dTRA were associated with similar procedure durations and access times.
- •There was a 3% minor complication rate, which was similar between access sites.
- •No patients experienced a major complication.
- •There was a 1.05% crossover rate to TFA, which was similar between access sites.
Materials and methods
Purchase one-time access:Academic & Personal: 24 hour online accessCorporate R&D Professionals: 24 hour online access
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
Subscribe:Subscribe to Journal of Stroke and Cerebrovascular Diseases
- Radial versus femoral access in patients with acute coronary syndromes undergoing invasive management: a randomised multicentre trial.Lancet. 2015; 385: 2465-2476
- Transradial approach for acute stroke intervention: technical procedure and clinical outcomes.Stroke Vasc Neurol. 2019; 5: 103-106
- Transitioning to transradial access for cerebral aneurysm embolization.AJNR Am J Neuroradiol. 2019; 40: 1947-1953
- Transradial cerebral angiography: techniques and outcomes.J Neurointerventional Surg. 2018; 10: 874-881
- Distal transradial access in the anatomical snuffbox for diagnostic cerebral angiography.J Neurointerventional Surg. 2019; 11: 710-713
- A randomized comparison of transradial versus transfemoral approach for coronary angiography and angioplasty.JACC Cardiovasc Interv. 2009; 2: 1047-1054
- Radial versus femoral access for coronary angiography and intervention in patients with acute coronary syndromes (rival): a randomised, parallel group, multicentre trial.Lancet. 2011; 377: 1409-1420
- Choice of arterial access site and outcomes in patients with acute coronary syndromes managed with an early invasive strategy: the acuity trial.EuroIntervention. 2009; 5: 115-120
- Transradial access versus transfemoral access: a comparison of outcomes and efficacy in reducing hemorrhagic events.Expert Rev Cardiovasc Ther. 2019; 17: 435-447
- Transradial approach for neurointerventions: a systematic review of the literature.J Neurointerventional Surg. 2020; 12: 886-892
- Transradial stenting for carotid stenosis in patients with bovine type and type iii aortic arch: experience in 28 patients.World Neurosurg. 2018; 111: e661-e667
- Comparison of distal transradial access in anatomic snuffbox versus transradial access for coronary angiography.Heart Surg Forum. 2020; 12: E407-E410
- A comparative analysis between ultrasound-guided and conventional distal transradial access for coronary angiography and intervention.J Interv Cardiol. 2020; 20207342732
- Distal radial approach versus conventional radial approach: a comparative study of feasibility and safety.Libyan J Med. 2021; 161830600
- The comparison of traditional radial access and novel distal radial access for cardiac catheterization.Cardiovasc Revascularization Med. 2020; 21: 496-500
- An observational comparison of distal radial and traditional radial approaches for coronary angiography.J Saudi Heart Assoc. 2020; 17: 17-24
- Transradial versus transfemoral approaches for diagnostic cerebral angiography: a prospective, single-center, non-inferiority comparative effectiveness study.J Neurointerventional Surg. 2020; 12: 993-998
- Distal transradial artery access in the anatomical snuffbox for coronary angiography as an alternative access site for faster hemostasis.Catheter Cardiovasc Interv. 2019; 94: 651-657
- Distal versus traditional radial approach for coronary angiography.Cardiovasc Revascularization Med. 2019; 20: 678-680
- Distal versus conventional transradial artery access for coronary angiography and intervention: a meta-analysis.Cardiovasc Revascularization Med. 2020; 21: 1209-1213
- Distal transradial access in the anatomic snuffbox for diagnostic cerebral angiography.AJNR Am J Neuroradiol. 2019; 40: 1526-1528
- Transradial access for diagnostic angiography and interventional neuroradiology procedures: a four-year single-center experience.Interv Neuroradiol. 2020; 26: 506-513
- Safety and feasibility of the distal transradial approach: a novel technique for diagnostic cerebral angiography.Interv Neuroradiol. 2020;
Sattur MG, Almallouhi E, Lena JR, et al. Llustrated guide to the transradial approach for neuroendovascular surgery: a step-by-step description gleaned from over 500 cases at an early adopter single center. Oper Neurosurg;19:181-189.
- Chronic radial artery occlusion does not cause exercise induced hand ischemia.J Interv Cardiol. 2018; 31: 949-956
- Trans-radial approach: technical and clinical outcomes in neurovascular procedures.CVIR Endovasc. 2020; 3: 58
- Feasibility of repeat transradial access for neuroendovascular procedures.J Neurointerventional Surg. 2020; 12: 431-434