- •Holter monitoring diagnosed atrial fibrillation in 1.5% of the patients.
- •Holter monitoring findings effected treatment in 2.2% of the patients overall.
- •Mean duration to Holter initiation was more than 3 days.
- •Longer time to Holter initiation correlated with extended hospitalizations.
Purchase one-time access:Academic & Personal: 24 hour online accessCorporate R&D Professionals: 24 hour online access
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
Subscribe:Subscribe to Journal of Stroke and Cerebrovascular Diseases
- The Rationale of Holter Monitoring after Stroke.Angiology. 2017; 68: 926-927https://doi.org/10.1177/0003319717703003
- Impact of Arrhythmia in Hospital Mortality in Acute Ischemic Stroke Patients: A Retrospective Cohort Study in Northern Mexico.J Stroke Cerebrovasc Dis. 2022; 31106259https://doi.org/10.1016/j.jstrokecerebrovasdis.2021.106259
- Atrial fibrillation as an independent risk factor for stroke: the Framingham Study.Stroke. 1991; 22: 983-988https://doi.org/10.1161/01.STR.22.8.983
- Detection of atrial fibrillation after stroke and the risk of recurrent stroke.J Stroke Cerebrovasc Dis. 2012; 21: 726-731https://doi.org/10.1016/J.JSTROKECEREBROVASDIS.2011.03.008
- Efficacy and Safety of Oral Anticoagulants Versus Aspirin for Patients With Atrial Fibrillation: A Meta-Analysis.Medicine (Baltimore). 2015; 94https://doi.org/10.1097/MD.0000000000000409
- European Stroke Initiative Recommendations for Stroke Management – Update 2003.Cerebrovasc Dis. 2003; 16: 311-337https://doi.org/10.1159/000072554
- Guidelines for the early management of patients with acute ischemic stroke: 2019 update to the 2018 guidelines for the early management of acute ischemic stroke a guideline for healthcare professionals from the American Heart Association/American Stroke A.Stroke. 2019; 50: E344-E418https://doi.org/10.1161/STR.0000000000000211/FORMAT/EPUB
- Diagnosis of atrial fibrillation after stroke and transient ischaemic attack: a systematic review and meta-analysis.Lancet Neurol. 2015; 14: 377-387https://doi.org/10.1016/S1474-4422(15)70027-X
- Holter monitoring in the diagnosis of stroke mechanism.Intern Med J. 2004; 34: 305-309https://doi.org/10.1111/J.1444-0903.2004.00589.X
- Value of routine holter monitoring for the detection of paroxysmal atrial fibrillation in patients with cerebral ischemic events.Stroke. 2004; 35: 2003-2005https://doi.org/10.1161/01.str.0000117568.07678.4b
- Detection of Atrial Fibrillation With Concurrent Holter Monitoring and Continuous Cardiac Telemetry Following Ischemic Stroke and Transient Ischemic Attack.J Stroke Cerebrovasc Dis. 2012; 21: 89-93https://doi.org/10.1016/j.jstrokecerebrovasdis.2010.05.006
MdClone - Dynamic Data Exploration. https://www.mdclone.com/
- ACC/AHA/ESC 2006 Guidelines for the Management of Patients With Atrial Fibrillation.Circulation. 2006; 114: 257-354https://doi.org/10.1161/CIRCULATIONAHA.106.177292
Ministry of Health Price List for Ambulatory and Hospitalization Services.
- Secondary prevention in non-rheumatic atrial fibrillation after transient ischaemic attack or minor stroke.Lancet. 1993; 342: 1255-1262https://doi.org/10.1016/0140-6736(93)92358-Z
- Apixaban in patients with atrial fibrillation.N Engl J Med. 2011; 364: 806-817https://doi.org/10.1056/NEJMoa1007432
- Atrial Fibrillation in Patients with Cryptogenic Stroke.N Engl J Med. 2014; 370: 2467-2477https://doi.org/10.1056/nejmoa1311376
- How dangerous is a day in hospital? A model of adverse events and length of stay for medical inpatients.Med Care. 2011; 49: 1068-1075https://doi.org/10.1097/MLR.0b013e31822efb09