Materials and methods
Purchase one-time access:Academic & Personal: 24 hour online accessCorporate R&D Professionals: 24 hour online access
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
Subscribe:Subscribe to Journal of Stroke and Cerebrovascular Diseases
- Classification and treatment of spontaneous carotid cavernous sinus fistulas.J Neurosurg. 1985; 62
- Endovascular treatment of carotid-cavernous fistulas.Neurosurg Clin N Am. 2014; 25: 551-563
- The evolution of endovascular treatment of carotid cavernous fistulas: A single-center experience.World Neurosurg. 2013; 80
- Management of 100 consecutive direct carotid-cavernous fistulas: Results of treatment with detachable balloons.Neurosurgery. 1995; 36
- Endovascular techniques for treatment of carotid-cavernous fistula.Journal of Neuro-Ophthalmology. 2009; 29
- Staged curative treatment of a complex direct carotid-cavernous fistula with a large arterial defect and an “oversized” internal carotid artery.BMJ Case Rep. 2017; (2017)
- Endovascular treatment of carotid cavernous sinus fistula: a systematic review.World J Radiol. 2013; 5
- Carotid cavernous fistulas: Anatomy, classification, and treatment.Neurosurg Clin N Am. 2005; 16
- Venous phase timing during balloon test occlusion as a criterion for permanent internal carotid artery sacrifice.Am J Neuroradiol. 2005; 26
- Long-term outcome after coil embolization of cavernous sinus arteriovenous fistulas.Am J Neuroradiol. 2010; : 31
- Cranial nerve palsy following transvenous embolization for a cavernous sinus dural arteriovenous fistula: Association with the volume and location of detachable coils.J Neurosurg. 2008; 109
- Endovascular treatment of posttraumatic carotid-cavernous fistulas and pseudoaneurysms with covered stents.J Neuroimag. 2014; 24
- Traumatic carotid-cavernous fistulas treated with covered stents: experience of 12 cases.World Neurosurg. 2010; : 73
- Covered stents for the endovascular treatment of a direct carotid cavernous fistula : Single center experiences with.J Korean Neurosurg Soc. 2015; 57
- Flow diverters as a scaffold for treating direct carotid cavernous fistulas.J Neurointerv Surg. 2019; 11
- Endovascular treatment of post-traumatic direct carotid-cavernous fistulas: a single-center experience.J Clin Neurosci. 2011; 18
- Direct carotid cavernous sinus fistulae: vessel reconstruction using flow-diverting implants.Clin Neuroradiol. 2017; : 27
- Carotid cavernous fistula treatment via flow diversion: a systematic review of the literature.World Neurosurg. 2021; : 149
All authors have contributed significantly to the writing of this manuscript.
None of the authors have any conflicts of interest or relevant industry affiliations to disclose.
Written consent was waived on the basis of patient anonymity.