Abbreviations:HRS (Historic redlining score), HOLC (Home Owners' Loan Corporation)
Purchase one-time access:Academic & Personal: 24 hour online accessCorporate R&D Professionals: 24 hour online access
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
Subscribe:Subscribe to Journal of Stroke and Cerebrovascular Diseases
- Heart disease and stroke statistics—2022 update: a report from the American Heart Association.Circulation. 2022; 145
- Measuring structural racism: a guide for epidemiologists and other health researchers.Am J Epidemiol. 2022; 191 (Mar 24): 539-547
- Methods for the scientific study of discrimination and health: an eco-social approach.Am J Public Health. 2012; 102: 936-944
- Redlining and the home owners’ loan corporation.J Urb Hist. 2003; 29 (May 19): 394-420
- Racialized physical space as cultural product.Soc Personal Psychol Compass. 2017; 11: e12340
- Associations between historical redlining and birth outcomes from 2006 through 2015 in California. Khan HTA.PLoS One. 2020; 15 (editor)e0237241
- Structural racism, historical redlining, and risk of preterm birth in New York City, 2013–2017.Am J Public Health. 2020; 110: 1046-1053
- Cancer stage at diagnosis, historical redlining, and current neighborhood characteristics: breast, cervical, lung, and colorectal cancers, Massachusetts, 2001–2015.Am J Epidemiol. 2020; 189: 1065-1075
- Associations between historical residential redlining and current age-adjusted rates of emergency department visits due to asthma across eight cities in California: an ecological study.Lancet Planet Health. 2020; 4: e24-e31
Lynch EE, Malcoe LH, Laurent SE, Richardson J, Mitchell BC, Meier HCS. The legacy of structural racism: associations between historic redlining, current mortgage lending, and health. SSM - Popul Heal. 2021 Jun;14:100793.
Meier HCS, Mitchell BC. Tracing The Legacy Of Redlining: A New Method For Tracking The Origins Of Housing Segregation. 2022.
Centers for Disease Control and Prevention [CDC]. 500 Cities: Local data for better health. 2020.
U.S. Census Bureau. American Community Survey. 2020.
- Historical redlining and cardiovascular health: The Multi-Ethnic Study of Atherosclerosis.Proc Natl Acad Sci. 2021; 118
- Neighborhood characteristics and ideal cardiovascular health among Black adults: results from the Morehouse-Emory Cardiovascular (MECA) center for health equity.Ann Epidemiol. 2022; 65
- Segregation: A Global History of Divided Cities. University of Chicago Press, Chicago2012