- •RAFFINE is one of the largest cohorts of Japanese patients with atrial fibrillation.
- •Stroke and major bleeding occurred more often in the secondary prevention group.
- •Prior stroke/TIA was an independent predictor of stroke/systemic embolism.
Materials and Methods
Purchase one-time access:Academic & Personal: 24 hour online accessCorporate R&D Professionals: 24 hour online access
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
Subscribe:Subscribe to Journal of Stroke and Cerebrovascular Diseases
- Atrial fibrillation as a predictive factor for severe stroke and early death in 15,831 patients with acute ischaemic stroke.J Neurol Neurosurg Psychiatry. 2005; 76: 679-683
- Prevalence of atrial fibrillation in the general population of Japan: an analysis based on periodic health examination.Int J Cardiol. 2009; 137: 102-107
- High prevalence of atrial fibrillation among patients with ischemic stroke.Stroke. 2014; 45: 2599-2605
- Secondary prevention of stroke with warfarin in patients with nonvalvular atrial fibrillation: subanalysis of the J-RHYTHM registry.J Stroke Cerebrovasc Dis. 2016; 25: 585-599
- Secondary versus primary stroke prevention in atrial fibrillation: insights from the Darlington atrial fibrillation registry.Stroke. 2017; 48: 2198-2205
- Meta-analysis: Antithrombotic therapy to prevent stroke in patients who have nonvalvular atrial fibrillation.Ann Intern Med. 2007; 146: 857-867
- Risk profiles and antithrombotic treatment of patients newly diagnosed with atrial fibrillation at risk of stroke: perspectives from the international, observational, prospective GARFIELD registry.PLoS One. 2013; 8: e63479
- The use of anticoagulants in the management of atrial fibrillation among general practices in England.Heart. 2013; 99: 1166-1172
- Dabigatran versus warfarin in patients with atrial fibrillation.N Engl J Med. 2009; 361: 1139-1151
- Rivaroxaban versus warfarin in nonvalvular atrial fibrillation.N Engl J Med. 2011; 365: 883-891
- Apixaban versus warfarin in patients with atrial fibrillation.N Engl J Med. 2011; 365: 981-992
- Edoxaban versus warfarin in patients with atrial fibrillation.N Engl J Med. 2013; 369: 2093-2104
- Dabigatran compared with warfarin in patients with atrial fibrillation and previous transient ischaemic attack or stroke: a subgroup analysis of the RE-LY trial.Lancet Neurol. 2010; 9: 1157-1163
- Rivaroxaban compared with warfarin in patients with atrial fibrillation and previous stroke or transient ischaemic attack: a subgroup analysis of ROCKET AF.Lancet Neurol. 2012; 11: 315-322
- Apixaban compared with warfarin in patients with atrial fibrillation and previous stroke or transient ischaemic attack: a subgroup analysis of the ARISTOTLE trial.Lancet Neurol. 2012; 11: 503-511
- Outcomes with edoxaban versus warfarin in patients with previous cerebrovascular events: findings from ENGAGE AF-TIMI 48 (effective anticoagulation with factor Xa next generation in atrial fibrillation-thrombolysis in myocardial infarction 48).Stroke. 2016; 47: 2075-2082
- Registry of Japanese patients with atrial fibrillation focused on anticoagulant therapy in the new era: the RAFFINE registry study design and baseline characteristics.J Cardiol. 2018; 71: 590-596
- Trends of anticoagulant use and outcomes in patients with non-valvular atrial fibrillation: findings from the RAFFINE registry.J Cardiol. 2022; 80: 41-48
- An updated definition of stroke for the 21st century: a statement for healthcare professionals from the American Heart Association/American Stroke Association.Stroke. 2013; 44: 2064-2089
- Validation of clinical classification schemes for predicting stroke: results from the national registry of atrial fibrillation.JAMA. 2001; 285: 2864-2870
- Refining clinical risk stratification for predicting stroke and thromboembolism in atrial fibrillation using a novel risk factor-based approach: the EURO Heart Survey on atrial fibrillation.Chest. 2010; 137: 263-272
- A novel user-friendly score (HAS-BLED) to assess 1-year risk of major bleeding in patients with atrial fibrillation: the EURO Heart Survey.Chest. 2010; 138: 1093-1100
- Definition of major bleeding in clinical investigations of antihemostatic medicinal products in non-surgical patients.J Thromb Haemost. 2005; 3: 692-694
- Prior stroke and transient ischemic attack as risk factors for subsequent stroke in atrial fibrillation patients: a report from the GARFIELD-AF registry.Int J Stroke. 2020; 15: 308-317
- Clinical features and prognosis in patients with atrial fibrillation and prior stroke: comparing the Fushimi and Darlington AF Registries.EBioMedicine. 2017; 18: 199-203
- Current status and outcomes of direct oral anticoagulant use in real-world atrial fibrillation patients- Fushimi AF Registry.Circ J. 2017; 81: 1278-1285
- Impact of previous stroke on clinical outcome in elderly patients with nonvalvular atrial fibrillation: ANAFIE Registry.Stroke. 2022; 53: 2549-2558
- Ischemic stroke despite oral anticoagulant therapy in patients with atrial fibrillation.Ann Neurol. 2020; 87: 677-687
- Recurrent ischemic stroke and bleeding in patients with atrial fibrillation who suffered an acute stroke while on treatment with nonvitamin K antagonist oral anticoagulants: the RENO-EXTEND Study.Stroke. 2022; 53: 2620-2627
- Intensity of anticoagulation and clinical outcomes in acute cardioembolic stroke: the Fukuoka Stroke Registry.Stroke. 2013; 44: 3239-3242
- Adequate adherence to direct oral anticoagulant is associated with reduced ischemic stroke severity in patients with atrial fibrillation.J Stroke Cerebrovasc Dis. 2019; 28: 1773-1780