- •There is insufficient evidence for revascularization for Low NIHSS large vessel occlusion.
- •A rare case of infective endocarditis causes low NIHSS internal carotid artery occlusion.
- •Early thrombectomy resulted in a good course of treatment.
Purchase one-time access:Academic & Personal: 24 hour online accessCorporate R&D Professionals: 24 hour online access
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
Subscribe:Subscribe to Journal of Stroke and Cerebrovascular Diseases
- Neurological complications of infective endocarditis.Curr. Neurol. Neurosci. Rep. 2019; 19: 1-8
- Safety and efficacy of mechanical thrombectomy in infective endocarditis: a matched case – control analysis from the german stroke registry – endovascular treatment.Eur J Neurol. 2021; 28: 861-867
- Safety and outcomes of mechanical thrombectomy for acute stroke related to infective endocarditis: a case–control study.Int J Stroke. 2021; 16: 585-592
- Short-term aneurysm formation and rupture due to septic embolism diagnosed with a thrombus retrieved from another occluded artery.Surg Neurol Int. 2022; 13: 1-7
- Endovascular treatment of ischemic large-vessel stroke due to infective endocarditis: case series and review of the literature.Neurol Sci. 2020; 41: 3517-3525
- Endovascular treatment of infective endocarditis-related acute large vessel occlusion stroke.J. Stroke Cerebrovasc Dis. 2021; 30105775
- Complex decision-making in stroke: preoperative mechanical thrombectomy of septic embolus for emergency cardiac valve surgery.BMJ Case Rep. 2014; 2014: 1-5
- Successful thrombectomy in endocarditis-related stroke: case report and review of the literature.Interv Neuroradiol. 2018; 24: 529-532
- Mechanical thrombectomy for acute ischemic stroke secondary to infective endocarditis.Clin Infect Dis. 2018; 66: 1286-1289
- Management of large vessel occlusion stroke related to infective endocarditis: is mechanical thrombectomy a safe option?.J Stroke Cerebrovasc Dis. 2020; 29105248
- Minor stroke due to large artery occlusion. When is intravenous thrombolysis not enough? Results from the SITS international stroke thrombolysis register.Eur Stroke J. 2018; 3: 29-38
- Proximal arterial occlusion in acute ischemic stroke with low NIHSS scores should not be considered as mild stroke.PLoS One. 2013; 8: e70996
- Impact of thrombus migration on clinical outcomes in patients with internal carotid artery occlusions and patent middle cerebral artery.J. Neurol. Sci. 2020; 412116737