Abbreviations:AVF (Arteriovenous fistula), AVM (Arteriovenous malformation), BMI (Body mass index), CFA (Common femoral artery), FA (Femoral artery)
Purchase one-time access:Academic & Personal: 24 hour online accessCorporate R&D Professionals: 24 hour online access
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
Subscribe:Subscribe to Journal of Stroke and Cerebrovascular Diseases
- Assessment of femoral artery bifurcation level with conventional angiography.Cureus. 2018; 10: e3479
- Fluoroscopic localization of the femoral head as a landmark for common femoral artery cannulation.Catheter Cardiovasc Interv. 2005; 65: 205-207
- Common femoral artery anatomy is influenced by demographics and comorbidity: implications for cardiac and peripheral invasive studies.Catheter Cardiovasc Interv. 2001; 53: 289-295
- Role of superficial femoral artery puncture in the development of pseudoaneurysm and arteriovenous fistula complicating percutaneous transfemoral cardiac catheterization.Cathet Cardiovasc Diagn. 1992; 25: 91-97
- The complication rate of percutaneous peripheral balloon angioplasty.Clinical radiology. 1990; 41: 380-383
- Complications of transluminal angioplasty.Radiology. 1986; 159: 201-208
- Pseudoaneurysm: a complication of faulty technique in femoral arterial puncture.Radiology. 1985; 154: 529-530
- Pseudoaneurysm and arteriovenous fistula after femoral artery catheterization: association with low femoral punctures.AJR Am J Roentgenol. 1989; 152: 629-631
- Rupture of pseudoaneurysm of the superficial femoral artery over four years after self-expandable nitinol stent implantation.J Cardiol Cases. 2015; 12: 52-56
- Body mass index and the risk of low femoral artery puncture in coronary angiography under fluoroscopy guidance.Medicine (Baltimore). 2018; 97: e0070
- Physical risk factors of hemorrhagic complications associated with angio-seal closure device use in neurointerventional procedures.World Neurosurg. 2018; 111: e850-e855
- Assessing the benefit of vascular closure devices after femoral artery puncture.JAMA. 2015; 313: 855
- High femoral artery bifurcation predicts contralateral high bifurcation: implications for complex percutaneous cardiovascular procedures requiring large caliber and/or dual access.J Invasive Cardiol. 2014; 26: 409-412
- Distribution of risk factors differs from coronary heart disease and stroke in China: a national population survey.BMJ Open. 2022; 12e065970
- Patient demographics and cardiovascular risk factors differentially influence geometric remodeling of the aorta compared with the peripheral arteries.Surgery. 2015; 158: 1617-1627
- Tortuous common carotid artery: a report of four cases observed in cadaveric dissections.Case Rep Otolaryngol. 2016; 20162028402
- Significance of the buckled innominate artery.Ann Intern Med. 1953; 39: 74-80
- Ultrasound-guided catheterization of the femoral artery: a systematic review and meta-analysis of randomized controlled trials.J Invasive Cardiol. 2015; 27: 318-323
- Real-time ultrasound guidance facilitates femoral arterial access and reduces vascular complications: FAUST (Femoral Arterial Access With Ultrasound Trial).JACC Cardiovasc Interv. 2010; 3: 751-758
- Assessment of the optimal site of femoral artery puncture and angiographic anatomical study of the common femoral artery.J Korean Neurosurg Soc. 2014; 56: 91-97
Funding: This work was supported by JSPS KAKENHI Grant Number JP20K17922.
Conflict of Interest Disclosure: The authors declare that they have no conflict of interest.
Ethics: All procedures performed in studies involving human participants were in accordance with the ethical standards of the institutional and/or national research committee and with the 1964 Helsinki Declaration and its later amendments or comparable ethical standards.
Author Contributors: TU= concept, design and development of the study, acquisition and analysis of the data, writing of the article. KM, RN= development of the study. TU,KM= acquisition of the data. IN, AY,TK and MN= critical review of the article.