This paper is only available as a PDF. To read, Please Download here.
To read this article in full you will need to make a payment
Purchase one-time access:Academic & Personal: 24 hour online accessCorporate R&D Professionals: 24 hour online access
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
Subscribe:Subscribe to Journal of Stroke and Cerebrovascular Diseases
Already a print subscriber? Claim online access
Already an online subscriber? Sign in
Register: Create an account
Institutional Access: Sign in to ScienceDirect
- Early mortality following stroke: a prospective review.Stroke. 1984; 15: 492-496
- Nosocomial sinusitis: a new and complex threat.J Crit Ill. 1987; 2: 19-25
- Endotracheal intubation as a risk factor for complications of nasoenteric tube insertion.Critical Care Med. 1991; 19: 427-429
- Mechanisms and timing of deaths from cerebral infarction.Stroke. 1981; 12: 474-477
- Aspiration following stroke: clinical correlates and outcome.Neurology. 1988; 38: 1359-1362
- Pathogenesis of neurogenic pulmonary edema.Lancet. 1975; 2: 749-751
- The cardiac consequences of stroke.Neurol Clin. 1992; 10: 167-176
- Treatment of systemic hypertension and intracrardal hypertension in cases of brain hemorrhage.Stroke. 1988; 19: 314-321
- Guidelines for the management of patients with acute ischemic stroke. A Statement for Healthcare Professionals from a Special Writing Group of the Stroke Council, American Heart Association.Stroke. 1994; 90: 1588-1601
- Low dose heparin as a prophylaxis against deep vein thrombosis after acute stroke.Lancet. 1977; 2: 800-801
- Mannitol causes compensatory cerebral vasoconstriction and vasodilation in response to blood viscosity changes.J Neurosurg. 1983; 59: 822-828
- Effect of mannitol on ICP and CBF and correlation with pressure autoregulation in severely head-injured patients.J Neurosurg. 1984; 61: 700-706
- Steroid therapy in acute cerebral infarction.Arch Neurol. 1976; 33: 69-71
- Epilepsy after stroke.Neurology. 1987; 37: 1209-1211
- A two-year longitudinal study of post-stroke mood disorders: Findings during the initial evaluation.Stroke. 1983; 14: 736-741
- The syndrome of inappropriate secretion of antidiuretic hormone.Am J Med. 1967; 42: 790-806
- Increased damage after ischemic stroke in patients with hyperglycemia with or without established diabetes mellitus.Am J Med. 1983; 74: 540-543
- Nosocomial pneumonia in intubated patients given sucralfate as compared with antacids or histamine type 2 blockers.N Engl J Med. 1987; 317: 1376-1382
- Antibiotic irrigation and catheter-associated urinary tract infections.N Engl J Med. 1978; 299: 570-573
- The pressure sore: pathophysiology and principles of management.Ann Inern Med. 1981; 94: 661-666
© 1997 National Stroke Association. All rights reserved. Published by Elsevier Inc.